• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Unfair trial Marking? (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
I did the CSSA Paper and i reckon my teacher marked the class pretty hard, but he said it was how the 'BOS' does it..... iIwas just wondering did your teacher mark the trial papers really hard and say it was 'normal' marking?

Bobbo1

HSC
As long as your teacher marked it hard for everyone then it's fair, just remember none of your actual school marks will be used to calculate your hsc marks..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As long as your teacher marked it hard for everyone then it's fair, just remember none of your actual school marks will be used to calculate your hsc marks..
^ That.

You shouldn't even care about your marks themselves - just your rank.

Gangstar1

HSC
Sry i forgot to add that i was wondering if marking the hsc was that 'strict' cause if it is im pretty screwed

khfreakau

HSC
Don't worry, my school's marking for this subject is simply ridiculous. The highest mark was 89, and the average was 68% for trials. I'm talking, the people who got 110+ in our 4u trial aren't getting above 90 in chem. It'll even out in the HSC, trust me.

milena123

HSC
N/A
would it be better to do average in your assessment mark, and then better in your HSC exams, to lift your mark up or the other way around?
what need's to be more considered your rank or your actual mark?

Dylanamali

HSC
would it be better to do average in your assessment mark, and then better in your HSC exams, to lift your mark up or the other way around?
what need's to be more considered your rank or your actual mark?
rank > raw mark (INTERNALLY) - any day of the week
An individual always keeps their own external HSC mark, so it's best do smash the HSC exams,
whilst internal/assessment marks are moderated according to the cohort's performance in the HSC,
and the individual's rank. So basically, rank highly internally and then smash the HSC (hope your cohort smashes the HSC) = good ATAR.

Gangstar1

HSC
Don't worry, my school's marking for this subject is simply ridiculous. The highest mark was 89, and the average was 68% for trials. I'm talking, the people who got 110+ in our 4u trial aren't getting above 90 in chem. It'll even out in the HSC, trust me.
Yer same my mate almost got full marks in ext 1 and ext 2 got like 85% in chem where as usually get 95+ in all his chem test, i was just hoping the HSC dont mark like that

Bobbo1

HSC
Yer same my mate almost got full marks in ext 1 and ext 2 got like 85% in chem where as usually get 95+ in all his chem test, i was just hoping the HSC dont mark like that
and even if they mark that hard and you get a 85, with scaling it'll get pushed up to higher than a band 6...

SpreadTheWord

HSC
My teacher marked 'My' paper extremely hard; to the point where i put the right answer, but if it wasn't word perfect, i lost marks or even got a 0 in some circumstances. I know this because having asked another student to look at their paper, their answers didn't even relate to the question, and yet mine was the dogs bolls - they got marks...I didn't. Im sick of teachers, allowing kids to lie to themselves that they're doing well, through marking papers easy, just to 'Motivate' numbnuts. It costs ranks.

Gangstar1

HSC
My teacher marked 'My' paper extremely hard; to the point where i put the right answer, but if it wasn't word perfect, i lost marks or even got a 0 in some circumstances. I know this because having asked another student to look at their paper, their answers didn't even relate to the question, and yet mine was the dogs bolls - they got marks...I didn't. Im sick of teachers, allowing kids to lie to themselves that they're doing well, through marking papers easy, just to 'Motivate' numbnuts. It costs ranks.
same here my teacher didnt give me any identitfy questions saying it was wrong lost like 2-4 marks.

RANK 1

HSC
chem and physics marking guidelines are gay. you dont get awarded marks for things you mention, you get awarded marks according to a criteria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)