Uni Advice - Which uni for Com/Law? (1 Viewer)

vaniLLa_554

HSC
I want to do law combined with commerce, but i'm not sure at which uni i should do it. I'm considering unsw, usyd, macquarie and uts.

I got 99.55 so looking at last year's cutt offs, i can probably get into macquarie, unsw and uts. Macquarie's also offered me a scholarship of $2500 for each year of study.

I really don't know which uni i should put as my first preference. I'm not sure what difference there is between the unis when choosing to do law and commerce! Any advice would be appreciated! thanks :)

And i have another question...at macquarie i would probably do applied finance and law, so is it different to doing law and commerce and majoring in finance at another uni such as unsw?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Damn I could use that UAI LOL... If you are not too sure are you going to the UNI open days things?, they might give you some insight. Also look at what uni will best suit your needs since you basically can go where ever you want to go to. Which one would you prefer and which one offers what you want?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
i know someone who got 99.5 and they still let them in and they had no educational disadvantage
final round offer?

vaniLLa_554

HSC
melsc said:
Damn I could use that UAI LOL... If you are not too sure are you going to the UNI open days things?, they might give you some insight. Also look at what uni will best suit your needs since you basically can go where ever you want to go to. Which one would you prefer and which one offers what you want?

i'll probably go to the uni advisory days but i'm thinking to call the unis up and speak to someone because i want to decide before the 4th..

i don't mind going to any uni...im so confused :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
let me put it for you...

1st: USYD B.Commerce/B.Laws
2nd: UNSW B.Commerce/B.Laws
3rd: UTS B.Business/B.Laws
4th: ANU B.Commerce/B.Laws
5th: Macquarie B.Commerce/B.Laws
6th: UWS B.Commerce/B.Laws

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I wouldn't. 4th? You're so cruel Frigey :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
coz of distance and want of asian girls. canberra's so quiet. :p

vaniLLa_554

HSC
Frigid said:
let me put it for you...

1st: USYD B.Commerce/B.Laws
2nd: UNSW B.Commerce/B.Laws
3rd: UTS B.Business/B.Laws
4th: ANU B.Commerce/B.Laws
5th: Macquarie B.Commerce/B.Laws
6th: UWS B.Commerce/B.Laws
so why do you put it in that order?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
basically following cutoffs (supply-and-demand)... a free market cannot be wrong.

besides, in terms of the first two, the difference (if indeed there is a difference) is negligible.

stamos

sellout
HSC
i dunno about that

i think prue vines told her torts class in the year below us that the standard is incredibly shit- one of the worst groups she's seen

the gap could be widening

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
stamos said:
i think prue vines told her torts class in the year below us that the standard is incredibly shit- one of the worst groups she's seen
my law marks aren't that bad... 80 for torts in Annette's class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)