Uni Course for a Career in Music Production (1 Viewer)

koreafantasy

HSC
Hi
What uni course can help me prepare for a career in music production and DJing? I have good musical background with amus in piano, so what I really need is the technicals- how to work the AV equipment, the entertainment business etc.

koreafantasy

HSC
Ah yes, I considered that one when i read the UAC book, but after noticing the 'career opportunities' section, I don't think its the right one. What does everyone think of the JMC (surry hills pvt uni) courses? or the Newcastle Uni music course? or should I just do psychology at uni (I'm really interested in that too) and just go to djwarehousetraining?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Do whatever you want :p

My friend goes to the newcastle con, I don't know if it's the same thing but I can ask him about music there for you

Alternatively psych is also a really good course, especially if you have an interest in it, as even though it's a very specific course, it's also very broad as in the types of things you can do and in the number of settings you can do them in

koreafantasy

HSC
Now that i think about it, i'll probably go with psych, more job security+availability. thanks :D

qrpw

HSC
UNSW has a Sonic Arts major in the bachelor of music (idk if good)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)