Uni Courses/Preferences (1 Viewer)

tripperz

HSC
hey dudes
just a random check whether or not people had decided on what they wanna do next year at uni? does anyone got any idea?

btw... is any1 thinkin about doin a course at ICMS? so far, i dont anyone whos thinkin of goin up there, besides myself...

anywho post away ddudes...

vg_woz_here

HSC
Re: uni preferences

is the ICMS the same as the ICTHM?

i was interested in goin to the ICTHM

HSC

..not really next year.. but anyway,
1. bachelor of architecture
2. bachelor of economics
3. bachelor of interior architecture
4. bachelor of landscape architecture
5. bachelor of industrial design

wishfully. =)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

Umm I'm thinking about doing Actuarial Studies, that's my goal :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

b.commerce: marketing
b.ancient history
b.business
BA.comm (Journalism)

Last edited:

tripperz

HSC

vg_woz_here said:
is the ICMS the same as the ICTHM?

i was interested in goin to the ICTHM
yeah yeah its the same college, but the name just changed because it offers more then business degrees in tourism and hospitality, which i reckon is sweeet

JackyS

HSC

Boxxxhead... what uai is actuary around?!
like... for sydney uni/unsw/macquarie/uts?
i heard macquarie is the best for actuaries...
know what the the lowest uai for actuary is ranged from depending on unis?

lug

HSC
Uni Courses

hey guys, just wondering if any one has put any thought into what they want to do next year??
i wanna do a communication course, and thinking advertising would be cool. Dont really know where to start looking for info though - my careers councellor is pretty booked up and i cant get to see her for a while...
Has anyone thought of doing something similar??
Please Help!!

chriseddy1234

HSC
Re: Uni Courses

I'm thinking of doing a commerce degree with a major in management at UOW, ANU or UC.

tripperz

HSC
Re: Uni Courses

lug said:
hey guys, just wondering if any one has put any thought into what they want to do next year??
i wanna do a communication course, and thinking advertising would be cool. Dont really know where to start looking for info though - my careers councellor is pretty booked up and i cant get to see her for a while...
Please Help!!
hey dude
check the UAC course search at http://www.uac.edu.au/course_search/search.html and type in advertising. theres heaps of courses around, and heaps of Universitys that offer them. you can also do advertising and public relations as part of a business-marketing or commerce degree... thats what i kinda know about it.
the course im lookin into also offers Advertising and Public Relations as part of a BA-Events Management degree at icms (macquarie uni) and thats also on the uac website....

taki999

HSC
i want to do Commerce, finance, economics with a major in law. Or Commerce, finance, economics major with physiology. Hopefully i can make it...i would be so happy if i could!!

Addictd2

HSC
really? my careers advisor i dont think anyone really goes 2 him.

I want to do a bachelor of science, maybe majoring in phamacology or however u spell it. but i really really wanna take some units in philosophy and linguistics. so i dont know how thats gunna turn out

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

JackyS said:
Yeah at Macquarie it was 96 last year, it tends to hover between 96-97. :( Also at NSW it's a major of Commerce, and I don't think it's at Sydney or UTS.

tripperz

HSC
lol yeah careers advisers are good. *cough*

oi to the guys who were thinkin of actuarial studies, a friend of mine does it at Macquarie but you do it with a Bachelor of Commerce.
he says its interestin so far what hes done, but its kinda hard 2 stay on trackk with the other subjects you 'minor' in...

Raginsheep

HSC

JackyS said:
The cut-off for the single degree for actuarial studies at macquarie last year was 96.00. If you want to combine it, it'll be higher. For UNSW, you just enrol under BCom and choose the actuarial subjects meaning a 93.00 was sufficient for this year. Mind you, the UAI cutoffs are in no way any indication of the difficulty of the course. UNSW and Mac are the only two universities to offer Actuarial studies in Sydney. Otherwise its Melboure or ANU.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

Raginsheep said:
The cut-off for the single degree for actuarial studies at macquarie last year was 96.00. If you want to combine it, it'll be higher. For UNSW, you just enrol under BCom and choose the actuarial subjects meaning a 93.00 was sufficient for this year. Mind you, the UAI cutoffs are in no way any indication of the difficulty of the course. UNSW and Mac are the only two universities to offer Actuarial studies in Sydney. Otherwise its Melboure or ANU.
isn't commerce at unsw now 95 or 96? anyways my cousin was telling me that his friend does the course and there was a high dropout rate. his still in it though ..

HSC
N/A
Please Help!!
The best communications course in Sydney is UTS's B.Arts Communication (Public Communication) you can chose either a public relations or advertising stream. I was about to go there (realised marketing is more my thing). It's got an awesome rep and is very practical. UAI is about 92-93. Other than that, try Charles Sturt B. Marketing/B. Advertising or just B. Advertising (it involves a lengthy application process so if you're interested look into it now). Both these courses are popular and well known and respected by the industry. Good luck.

Raginsheep

HSC

hopeles5ly said:
isn't commerce at unsw now 95 or 96? anyways my cousin was telling me that his friend does the course and there was a high dropout rate. his still in it though ..
It was 95/96 a few years ago but it droped to 93 least year with still extra spots!

I've had varying reports on the dropout rate which fluctuates so much that I won't bother to say it here. It is nevertheless a very demanding course.

nezz61

HSC
I want to do criminal justice. Its only a 72 UAI at charles sturt or a 62 UAI at USW. Hopefully I'll get into charles sturt at bathurst thats my dream uni.
If i dont get into those courses id prob go into social work but would prefer to go into criminal justice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)