uni degree/course help PLS!!! (1 Viewer)

aks441

HSC
Hi, I've been thinking of doing a double degree in science and business, and looking at these options:

Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Business (at UNSW or UTS)

My current subjects I do are chemistry, business studies and economics. I was originally only planning to do something in health/science (parents influence + enjoy it sorta) but since I also enjoy my HSIE subjects I was thinking I wanna learn business too. My dream course was like Optometry but that is too unrealistic with a 99+ Atar and how competitive it is. SO this is the option I'm left with, but I have some concerns
  • Business/science are pretty different subjects, so I feel like I'll have a hard time finding a job straight out of uni because there are not many jobs that combine both degrees
  • Is business/science TOO broad/generic - what career options do I have?? Does anyone have any experience with this
  • What would my salary be like?
  • Is it worth doing a double degree - does it leave me better off idk

I'm open to any suggestions for careers/courses or any advice in general about this. PLEASE AND THANKYOU

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Hi, I've been thinking of doing a double degree in science and business, and looking at these options:

My current subjects I do are chemistry, business studies and economics. I was originally only planning to do something in health/science (parents influence + enjoy it sorta) but since I also enjoy my HSIE subjects I was thinking I wanna learn business too. My dream course was like Optometry but that is too unrealistic with a 99+ Atar and how competitive it is. SO this is the option I'm left with, but I have some concerns
  • Business/science are pretty different subjects, so I feel like I'll have a hard time finding a job straight out of uni because there are not many jobs that combine both degrees
  • Is business/science TOO broad/generic - what career options do I have?? Does anyone have any experience with this

I'm open to any suggestions for careers/courses or any advice in general about this. PLEASE AND THANKYOU
is there a specific career u want coz business/science is pretty broad

aks441

HSC
is there a specific career u want coz business/science is pretty broad

yea, i wnna work in health sorta BUT not in a hospital setting cos thats not the vibes. I like the business corporate lifestyle yk. what u reckon is the course not gonna help me really

Nimue234

HSC

double degree is alr. tho if you are planning on going to unsw you will most have to deal with trimester and have to do 3 courses every term (if you want to finish in like 6 years) which can be a struggle with some particularily difficult courses or you get forced to do like 2 maths courses in one term which is brutal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)