Uni Elections - Source results (1 Viewer)

kirstin hunter

HSC
Hi BOS'ers,

For anyone who is interested, the results of the Source (formerly known as Union) elections are out today. They're officially out tomorrow but I can give you a sneaky preview :)

The three candidates elected to the two year positions are (in no particular order):
  • Caitlin Hurley
  • Eker Lu
  • Hamish Collings-Begg
In addition, Jerry Galea will be offered a one year term to fill a casual vacancy on the Board.

Congratulations to these four candidates. They have a tough job ahead of them with VSU coming in, and I wish them the best of luck in their positions.

Kirstin Hunter
(amonst finished) Source President

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ah VSU, is there any sweeter deal for the non-CSU fans among us?. More to the point, I also suggest a pro-VSU part to that magazine that the source puts out, that analyses both points of view on the subject, rather then just the opinion of the pro-VSU folks.

kirstin hunter

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Ah VSU, is there any sweeter deal for the non-CSU fans among us?. More to the point, I also suggest a pro-VSU part to that magazine that the source puts out, that analyses both points of view on the subject, rather then just the opinion of the pro-VSU folks.
Blitz has an editorial policy that says it must cover both sides of any political issue. As a result, any time it has published anything on VSU, it has given both sides.

The political publication on campus is Tharunka - put out by the Guild - which encourages students to write artices on political issues of their choosing. I'm sure they would be more than happy to receive a decent pro-VSU article from an interested student.

Although, with VSU coming in on 1 July anyway, is it really worth while to keep fighting? Pro-VSU has already won, as much as the student organisation representatives (myself included) might wish it had not.

From now on the student organisations need to plan to provide services to students with voluntary membership in mind, regardless of whether or not they support VSU or CSU.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Is this "Tharunka" put out next to the Source magazine (whatever it's name is) on Mondays? Whenever I get a chance to pick up a copy, the standard magazine is all that seems to be left. I usually get mine from the lobby of the Biological Sciences building.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Hamish has been elected. Another reason not to pay your student fees.

kirstin hunter

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Is this "Tharunka" put out next to the Source magazine (whatever it's name is) on Mondays? Whenever I get a chance to pick up a copy, the standard magazine is all that seems to be left. I usually get mine from the lobby of the Biological Sciences building.
Tharunka comes out every three weeks. Tharunka and Blitz usually share the same distribution points, but Blitz is the one that comes out every week.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Tharunka is suppose to be every 3 weeks but the deadline is never solid. They recalled issue 2 because of an inappropriate article.

Caitlin and Hamishes campaign dominated quite a bit.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Thanks for the info on Thuranka, or whatever it's called. I picked it up today, it was...ok I guess.

Was Hamish the Sydney uni douche?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Thanks for the info on Thuranka, or whatever it's called. I picked it up today, it was...ok I guess.

Was Hamish the Sydney uni douche?
No, I don't think so.

I just don't like Hamish.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
politik said:
It runs out pretty quick. I pick it up from the Library usually.

We should make light blue shirts that say 'I didnt vote for Hamish'.

The first and second issues were excellent. Then a few PC First Years complained about how it vilified Indians, Asians, Minorities, etc (funnily the indian and asian population at UNSW is far from a minority). So now they've moved away from the comedy and onto stupid Left Wing issues like VSU, and crap. Hopefully they'll pick it up soon.
We should open up a society, the caucasian society.

stamos

sellout
HSC
wow what an original idea! a society aimed at white people

isn't that called australia?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Not from what I see. There's nothing more racist about a white people society than a Phillipino, or Hong Kong society. You could argue that it is racist as one group is a society for a group of people with a certain skin colour, whereas the other is a society for people from a certain country, but in all honesty there isn't enough white people at UNSW to warrant a society for any primarily white country, hence, the Caucasian society.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Perhaps...

Actually, not really. The amount of Asian people you see driving around in Mercedes Benz cars scares me.

yook

HSC
is voting over?? i voted for caitlin but i didnt put it in >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)