Uni Fees are insane / city campus (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
Also korean guy, can you think this through rationally?

yeah its 50,000 but its a cost thatll definately be paid off easily.. think about it as initial investment that will pay 60,000 a year for the first periods between you and your ca training and then it will exponentially rise when you DO get a CA. Cmon man. don't be dumb. Its a smart move, a great investment with hardly any real risks..

blackrider89

HSC
Re: Uni Fees are insane

In terms of actual quality, I have no doubts in my mind that some state unis in america shit all over places like macq and even UNSW.
I'm also pretty sure that in the States there are about 3000 Unis and colleges and at least half of them (both private or public) are more shitty than shit unis in my country-a developing country, so 2000 or more are worst than Oz's. But compare best unis in Oz with shit Unis in the States...is that fair? And if I'm not 2 wrong UNSW is considered to be more renowned than MQ?

blackrider89

HSC
Do MQ commerce degrees have access to pass exam papers, solution and notes? i heard from a friend at tafe that UWS dont allow pass papers and i wasnt so sure about this, is it true for MQ too? man if this is the case, that is really tough :(
No. 4 very few there are some past papers; the answer is no 4 the rest.
And they're past papers, not pass.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC

I'm also pretty sure that in the States there are about 3000 Unis and colleges and at least half of them (both private or public) are more shitty than shit unis in my country-a developing country, so 2000 or more are worst than Oz's. But compare best unis in Oz with shit Unis in the States...is that fair? And if I'm not 2 wrong UNSW is considered to be more renowned than MQ?
Yeah it is more prestigious, thats why i said 'even unsw'.

If you've ever experience college/uni in America, youll know its alot better. The colleges my friends and family all went to had smaller classes, lectures were about double the size of your average tutorial... and most importantly it had a classroom atmosphere. You overrate our education system my friend, its crowded and full of bogus teachers.

The private unis are alot better. Even the non ivy league ones, such as Vassar are probably better than Sydney.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
thanks alot for your help guys,

i finally decided to go to macquarie uni, and move out from home. I live in bankstown area, so as you can imagine it will take me 1.5 hours one way = 3 hours travel, thats way too much. I am planning to move in around Northern area, moving out in mid July since sibt starts in June give myself 3 weeks to find room and settle down etc.. Really motivated to finish all studies in 3 years if not should jump off the cliff.

I budgeted myself $350 a week, hopefully can get rent assistance. I could live at my sisters place in Chatswood but she is married and dont want to bother them. Do you guys think $350 is decent to live out in that area? anyway, lets see how macquarie uni turns out. Wish you guys the best of luck!! :guitar:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
No. 4 very few there are some past papers; the answer is no 4 the rest.
And it's past papers, not pass.
So how do students study for exams? doing homework and heaps of revision questions is enough? isnt exams usually harder set than homework/revision questions? i guess i should meet up with students who already finished year 1 when i get there to get some advice on my subjects or post here when i start. but most books do have exam papers yeh? like made up papers, that should be good enough i guess if i can get the solutions for them.

onur91

HSC
N/A

i finally decided to go to macquarie uni, and move out from home. I live in bankstown area, so as you can imagine it will take me 1.5 hours one way = 3 hours travel, thats way too much. I am planning to move in around Northern area, moving out in mid July since sibt starts in June give myself 3 weeks to find room and settle down etc.. Really motivated to finish all studies in 3 years if not should jump off the cliff.

I budgeted myself $350 a week, hopefully can get rent assistance. I could live at my sisters place in Chatswood but she is married and dont want to bother them. Do you guys think $350 is decent to live out in that area? anyway, lets see how macquarie uni turns out. Wish you guys the best of luck!! :guitar:
Lol it takes me 2 hours one way, so 4 hours of travel a day, now that is way too much

blackrider89

HSC

An (may be regarded as) ok room near MQ is around 140-180/week so with 350 u'll be fine.

I live in Granville and it almost takes me the same to get to the Uni. I know some travelling from Newcastle (a bit crazy Imao) to the Uni 3 days a week and heaps of m8s from Cabramatta or even Liverpool.

Nikki19

HSC
Re: Who here goes to MACQUARIE CITY CAMPUS?

Anyone here go to the City Campus? i am seriously considering not going to the Ryde campus but going to City one because is more closer to my home and i love the smaller campus environment i read on the mq site it has smaller class sizes with lectures capped at 50 and tutorials at 25 i think this is great! will feel more like high school/tafe size rather than having say over 100 in one lecture etc.

Can someone share their experiences about this campus?
yes I am a current student studying at Macquarie City Campus. I used to be a student at Macquarie Uni. I transferred down to the city because some of my friends have transferred as well. Macquarie is a reputable university, Sydney Uni and UNSW are a lot more expensive when you compare. However educaitonis generally expensive. If you don't have the confidence and you are not academically strong why don't you look at studying a DIploma at SIBT Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT) offers business diplomas and university foundation courses at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, some of the class mates here have come form there and a lot of them now have graduate form Macquarie City Campus. I am attending my friends graduation which is held out at North Ryde and I can show you when I get a chance.

Nikki19

HSC

If you actually want a real university experience, you should not go to the city campus.
Hold on real university experience you say, I am a current student at the city campus, I study and i still get to under the whole experience, i too can use the facilities at North Ryde, but becuase I'm living in the city; its just more convenient for me....

The city campus has a student committee that I am on and you know what whatever we have asked for like social parties, more services etc,... they have provided that... so don't dis the city campus if you have never tried it...

blackrider89

HSC

Hold on real university experience you say, I am a current student at the city campus, I study and i still get to under the whole experience, i too can use the facilities at North Ryde, but becuase I'm living in the city; its just more convenient for me....

The city campus has a student committee that I am on and you know what whatever we have asked for like social parties, more services etc,... they have provided that... so don't dis the city campus if you have never tried it...
I have tried it 1 semester and quite agree with PwarYeax (so hard to write ur name man). All are different anyways and there 're many hot chicks at both campuses so male students will not be dissatisfied lol :skip:.

X

xeuyrawp

Why would I want to try it?

I haven't even heard of any parties, etc, happening there? I'm invited to more student things at USyd than MQ City.
blackrider89 said:
I have tried it 1 semester and quite agree with PwarYeax (so hard to write ur name man).
Same story as most people, really. Most students seem to use city campus as a stepping stone into the main campus or another uni.

Tabris

HSC
I wonder if there are fobby chain smokers outside the building and ciggie butts all over the pavement (like our North Ryde library).....

I have a feeling that a B Comm from macq (or any other uni) will be(if not already) devalued.....who knows maybe B Com/LLB is becoming to the new B Com in the near future in weeding out graduates for jobs.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Its not meant to be offensive. While you're getting all that all that was said is that you won't get the same experience as the North Ryde campus and you simply can't replicate it with a smaller campus, with less students and the fact that all the student groups are based out here. It happens at UWS too, its hard to have a true uni experience with multiple campuses, one tends to be more so than the other Its like how true university experience is more likely when you live on campus.

Nikki19

HSC

Its not meant to be offensive. While you're getting all that all that was said is that you won't get the same experience as the North Ryde campus and you simply can't replicate it with a smaller campus, with less students and the fact that all the student groups are based out here. It happens at UWS too, its hard to have a true uni experience with multiple campuses, one tends to be more so than the other Its like how true university experience is more likely when you live on campus.
No thats true, I found it quite hard studying the B Com Marketing at UWS...students come to class and then they dissappear, I did it for two semesters and I must say the campus at parra is nice but feels so sad on rainy days, sometimes if your not with your friends you feel like there are only you and ten other students arround...

You definitely can't replicate the large campus life onto a smaller campus but that's what our job is on the student committe, we infom the executive managers and the Campus Principal of what we feel and what we should improve on to make it all worth while.

Nikki19

HSC

Why would I want to try it?

I haven't even heard of any parties, etc, happening there? I'm invited to more student things at USyd than MQ City.

Same story as most people, really. Most students seem to use city campus as a stepping stone into the main campus or another uni.
Sorry but I disagree, not sure if you have seen some of my threads but i cam form MQ uni and transferred here...

Why are you partying all the time? don't you study? City campus don't have huge and a lot of parties but the students can attend the parties at MQ if they wanted to...there are heaps of social events for students to join...anyway you don't know much as you only have experienced one semester in the city

X

xeuyrawp

Why are you partying all the time? don't you study?
When did I say that I party all the time and don't study?

City campus don't have huge and a lot of parties but the students can attend the parties at MQ if they wanted to...there are heaps of social events for students to join...
Yikes, you sound like you're marketing the place or something.

that's what our job is on the student committe
Ah, the plot thickens. ;-)

anyway you don't know much as you only have experienced one semester in the city
When did I say that I have 'experienced' (...?) one semester in the city? Seems like you're making shit up, sister.

This seems like a bit of a futile thread. Ultimately people are going to think a place is shit and no amount of marketing will help it.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Guys,

I'm probably moving to Marsfield, have a inspection on the weekend is right next to uni. Is it a good area with lots of cheap eats/restaurants??.. i am not familiar with the area. i really wanted a house/apartment very near maq uni because i just cant motivate myself to study, so if i live near i guess i have no bullshit reason not to study. :uhoh:

Nikki19

HSC

wow, must be a real pain having to fork out that kind of money >__< how can u afford that??

yeh, i am a citizen *luckily*... dont know how my dad managed to get a citizenship with his carpentry (sp?) business like 20 years ago. I have so many bad stories about people living in korea, like they fight for one job with like 100 +applicants >______< that is insane!
Education is never cheap and university should not increase their fees, however you have to remember education is so important.

whats the education system like in korea and whats the fees like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)