Uni Food..... (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
theyre full of crap...u actually watch those garbage current affairs programs?? JUNK!!!

theyre only as bad for you as regular fruit juice. it has natural fruit sugars in it like fructose and sucrose, which are actually good for you. although it may have the same amount of sugar in it as coke and stuff, coke is refined sugar, which is really bad for your system as its full of chemicals.

juice bars use fresh fruit, skim milk and low fat yoghurt. sometimes they use prepackaged juice, but sometimes juicing fruit individually just isnt economical. are these things unhealthy? no. today tonight is crap. have u ever seen the show frontline? (ripping of CA progs? well today tonight is frontline in real life)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Juice is good in that the sugars in it are natural sugars, but keep in mind they are still sugars nonetheless and will turn to fat if you don't burn them off. What most people forget is the amount of fruit that needs to be juiced to get a drink, it is insane, and you need to take it into account (ie, 3 oranges vs one glass of juice)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
no its worse

sunrise doesnt try to do that tho, they know they have worthless stories and run them shamelessly

tonday tonight however think they have a right to fill the public in on the juicy details behind the scenes, with a bit of creative filling in the blanks by them to make the story newsworthy. people think theyre getting the real deal when in fact its complete and utter garbage that reels people in hook line and sinker. just like you were :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Juice is good in that the sugars in it are natural sugars, but keep in mind they are still sugars nonetheless and will turn to fat if you don't burn them off. What most people forget is the amount of fruit that needs to be juiced to get a drink, it is insane, and you need to take it into account (ie, 3 oranges vs one glass of juice)
i dont need to work it off......i dont get fat from anything

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Was that aimed at me? I actually didn't see any of the "news" stories on it, all I know is what I've observed from making my own juice.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
angelduck said:
ohhhhhhhh

did u watch today tonight?? It said boost juice was bad for u!
who cares!! they taste sooo good :D

Last edited:

Justine2408

HSC
You need to go and live in France Angelduck! Apparently French women don't get fat - they can eat cream buns all day, McDonalds - supersize everything and even drink boost juices until their heads are swimming in it, and na ... no fat - all because they live in France! I think that is what I read anyway - I don't think I misread anything in that article! *lol*

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
omg thats so wrong

the reason french women dont get fat is that they dont have processed foods like maccas or anything...i have a friend on exchange in france atm and they dont even have a maccas in their city and its a huge city
they dont eat large portions, they have a lot of different tastes and just savour small morsels of it. THATS why they dont get fat, not just cos they live in france

jesus christ some people are daft!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)