Uni lodge........advice please (1 Viewer)

hugh789

HSC
So I didnt get into any of my college prefrences which is extremly disapointing. I really dont want to go to uni lodge what so ever. Does anyone have any advice as to what I could do. Right now im thinking of just defering and trying again next year, but i also dont really want to do that either. Im sick of Sydney. :mad:

Epic

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you. Missed out on all my preferences and am now under consideration for UniLodge.

There's quite a few people in this position actually. I really don't think it will be all that bad.

What's so bad about UniLodge?

John555

HSC
I think there will be many 1st years in UniLodge, so as long as you get out there and make an effort to be social then I don't think it will be that bad at all. And as for defering, I highly advise you DON'T defer. What if you don't get into any of your college preferences next year? You would of wasted 1 year for nothing.

Edit: Btw I'm also being considered for UniLodge...

Last edited:

abyrne1

HSC
This year it should be pretty good at UniLodge. But what it ultimately comes down to is attitude. If you think you're going to have a shit year at UL, you will.

I think everyone needs to step up and get over it. Most new undergrads are in exactly the same position.

You can bitch n moan, but I choose to make the best of the situation.

I'll be seeing you in a few weeks.

gingerwitch28

HSC
I think people's biggest concern with UniLodge is that it doesnt have the 'college' atmosphere that the other residencies have. But since there seem to be a lot of first-years, you should all club together and make your own college atmosphere :p

Sammy-Blue

HSC
I hope you can speak more than english because that will help you meet new people at UL. I'm being completely serious when I say that. But as has been said in this and many other threads, it's what you make of it. Go door knocking or something, you'll eventually gather enough people.

HSC
I'm so sick of hearing people bitch and whinge about getting Unilodge...
As if you give up going to uni all together just because you got Unilodge!! How stupid is that?? I understand if it's a money issue, but if it's because you are worried about the social atmosphere, get over it. Get out there and meet people, have fun and party. There is going to be plenty of us first years all at Unilodge together...

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Had two since I arrived at start of January. They don't check your rooms though, so you don't have to participate.

hugh789

HSC
Ok ok... I get it im sorry for bitching. I look foward to seeing you all at Unilodge, well make the most of it.

LETS GET CRUNKKKKKKKKKKKK

Epic

HSC
I think unilodge will be great. It has the most modern facilities and seems to be the closest to the city. The prices aren't that bad either.

kingjulian

HSC
Which would be better? Fenner or unilodge? I'm being considered by fenner now but unilodge seems better, plus it says its located next to the faculty of business and economics, which is where I should be studying.

Epic

HSC
Which would be better? Fenner or unilodge? I'm being considered by fenner now but unilodge seems better, plus it says its located next to the faculty of business and economics, which is where I should be studying.
Even though I don't really have a choice, I still think I'd choose UniLodge over Fenner. I'm doing BComm so it's convenient to be right next to the faculty of business and economics. I think I'd rather just be able to walk to the city center whenever I want as opposed to having to catch a bus from Fenner, and actually staying on campus is a bonus. The facilities seem to be more modern at unilodge as well. And personally I think it will be cool having a large amount of international students around. UniLodge is sounding good.

Last edited:

kingjulian

HSC
Even though I don't really have a choice, I still think I'd choose UniLodge over Fenner. I'm doing BComm so it's convenient to be right next to the faculty of business and economics. I think I'd rather just be able to walk to the city center whenever I want as opposed to having to catch a bus from Fenner, and actually staying on campus is a bonus. The facilities seem to be more modern at unilodge as well. And personally I think it will be cool having a large amount of international students around. UniLodge is sounding good.
Same! It sounds a lot better than fenner right now. Do you think I could email accommodation and ask to be considered by Unilodge instead of Fenner? They both weren't in my preferences anyway. Are you being considered by Kinloch or Davey? I'm not sure which will have more first year students.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Same! It sounds a lot better than fenner right now. Do you think I could email accommodation and ask to be considered by Unilodge instead of Fenner? They both weren't in my preferences anyway. Are you being considered by Kinloch or Davey? I'm not sure which will have more first year students.
Davey

You'd be better off calling accom, and sooner the better. I don't see why they'd refuse.

Epic

HSC
It seems like there's more demand for Fenner than Unilodge so I don't think they would have a problem switching you over to Unilodge.

It doesn't specify if I'm being considered for Kinloch or Davey it just says "APP UniLodge".

kingjulian

HSC
Davey

You'd be better off calling accom, and sooner the better. I don't see why they'd refuse.
Yep, I'll probably call tomorrow. But I would prefer a 5 or 6 bedroom share though and I don't know if that will be available. The rest are too expensive.

It seems like there's more demand for Fenner than Unilodge so I don't think they would have a problem switching you over to Unilodge.

It doesn't specify if I'm being considered for Kinloch or Davey it just says "APP UniLodge".
Oh ok. i don't mind either i guess. But UL does have orientation activities right? And its invited to interhall activities?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)