Uni lodge........advice please (1 Viewer)

Epic

HSC
According to this post UniLodge participates in interhall activities and has its own social events etc:

I thought I'd contribute as someone who has actually lived there. I've had a great experience living there for the last two years - I won't be back in first semester though as I'm on exchange, but otherwise I would be.

What type of organisational set up do they have? SRs, committies, etc?
He'res how it worked last year. It may be a bit different now that there's two buildings. We have CAs - community assistants - who are reps for sports, social, pastoral care... that type of stuff. These are positions appointed by unilodge - they had interviews at the end of the year. Then there is a residents committee, meetings are fourtnightly and anyone can show up, have a say, be involved etc. There are also elected reps: president, secretary and treasurer who run the meetings, organise events and whatnot.

How's the social life there?
I enjoy the social life. You have lots of privacy for when you need to study and such, but there are always people around. The commonroom is where lots of stuff happens, there are always people there. Last year there were some great big events - Masked ball, halloween party (where they put on a bar tab for the after party), bollywood night, trivia, bachelor auction... plus interhall stuff, and people throw their own house parties all the time.
And there are O week activities this year.
You do have to make a bit more of an effort to be social - activities aren't thrust upon you like at the other colleges.

Do they get involved in the interhall activities?
Yes. But not all, the sports we did on a per event basis - if we could get a team together then we'd participate, same for arts.

What's the first year population there like?
Not sure what it would be this year, but the last two years first years have been well represented. But one of the things I like about it is it's not all first years, you meet later year people and post grads who are very awesome.
See this link, it looks like they have loads of social events: http://www.unilodge.com.au/locations/image_gallery.asp?Location=@%20ANU

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Apparently Davey lodge actually has quite the atmosphere now, so much so that people moved from Kinloch to Davey to get in on it.

Epic

HSC
Just got my offer from unilodge, I got a 3 bedroom multishare in Davey lodge. I'm pretty happy with that. Just need to pay my $1218 lol.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
In that case you can move in whenever you choose. Most students would probably be internationals arriving for their O-Week on the 9th. Unless you are keen to get used to self-catering or looking around Canberra I wouldn't bother, it's pretty dead right now.

abyrne1

HSC
My flights are booked for the 14th, which is about when most people are arriving. Still waiting on UniLodge though...!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
My flights are booked for the 14th, which is about when most people are arriving. Still waiting on UniLodge though...!
A number of halls advise us to arrive on the 13th because there are official welcoming things and social activities they've organised, although UniLodge might organise something different.

abyrne1

HSC
No chance I can come on the 13th, so I'll just have to deal. As long as I'm there for O Week I'm not too fussed.

John555

HSC
Dang I haven't got my accommodation offer yet... Hopefully will get it tomorrow?

abyrne1

HSC
I'm seriously getting growly with UL. Even my ANU pack arrived before my accom offer did, and I'm in PERTH! Not bloody cricket.

abyrne1

HSC
Actually..

Edit: Got my offer; 3 share Davey. $1200 already laid out for it.

Not cheap.

John555

HSC
Dang I still haven't got my accom offer yet... I'm prob one of the last ppl to get an offer lol

Epic

HSC
Actually..

Edit: Got my offer; 3 share Davey. $1200 already laid out for it.

Not cheap.
Yeah I got the 3 share at Davey as well.

Have you received any confirmation that they've received your payment and that you've got a spot?

Last edited:
HSC
Yeah I ended up calling them for confirmation that they had received payment. They just checked their database and everything was right to go, they said I could start moving stuff in anytime from today.

HSC
Ok... I just went and got my room and stuff sorted out at unilodge... Like the bedroom, it's nice. Butttttt the appartment, like, the kitchen, bathroom, lounge room, filthy. I was really disgusted and disappointed. Like, the fridges had disgusting shit all through it, the cupboards were filthy with grime and crap, and I don't think the oven has EVER been cleaned. Bathrooms, don't even get me started. I mean, like, I'm not the tidiest person in the world, but I'm not dirty. That was just filthy. Even rubbish jut lying around.... Ergh... I am seriously going to like soak that place in disinfectant before I live in it....

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Ok... I just went and got my room and stuff sorted out at unilodge... Like the bedroom, it's nice. Butttttt the appartment, like, the kitchen, bathroom, lounge room, filthy. I was really disgusted and disappointed. Like, the fridges had disgusting shit all through it, the cupboards were filthy with grime and crap, and I don't think the oven has EVER been cleaned. Bathrooms, don't even get me started. I mean, like, I'm not the tidiest person in the world, but I'm not dirty. That was just filthy. Even rubbish jut lying around.... Ergh... I am seriously going to like soak that place in disinfectant before I live in it....
Summer and 52 week contracts only ended on Sunday, obviously the cleaning staff haven't made it around yet. That's not justification, just offering an explanation. If you bark at reception I suspect they'll make your room a priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)