Uni Offer... (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hello, im not sure whether this forum is the correct place to ask this question but...
i've got offers today for backup courses (the cut offs are about 70 each).
i got 91 for uai and im still hoping to get into one of my 1st~3rd preferences (the cutt offs are 80+). but do you people think that i should accept offer just in case i cant get into any other preferences? sorry its a dumb question but i just want to make sure to avoid myself not getting into any course at all.

miss-smexy

HSC
Hahhaha well if your UAI is like... 10 above the cutoff for ur first to third prefs, I don't see why you should accept those other ones if their not the ones you really want to do.

HSC
misericordia said:
hello, im not sure whether this forum is the correct place to ask this question but...
i've got offers today for backup courses (the cut offs are about 70 each).
i got 91 for uai and im still hoping to get into one of my 1st~3rd preferences (the cutt offs are 80+). but do you people think that i should accept offer just in case i cant get into any other preferences? sorry its a dumb question but i just want to make sure to avoid myself not getting into any course at all.
nah don't accept just yet. just put all your preferences into uac and wait for first round offers. if you get in as you should then awesome, if not you can always keep your preferences (or change them) and then uac will offer you a course in later rounds for one of your other preferences. chances are if you got offers (i'm assuning unis called you as soon as they saw your uai?) then they will accept you in later rounds.

good luck.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
^ You will, of course, lose the preliminary offer if you do that. But as someone said, your UAI is far higher than last year's cut-offs. I've never seen a course increased by ten points before; you should be pretty safe.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
thats rubbish

My sister had two offers

One in main and one in late

You just have to withdraw one of them
Are you just going to follow me around telling me all my posts are crap?

Listen, if you get two offers and accept one of them, the other automatically goes to someone else in another round.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
No, if you get two offers and you accept one from the earlier round and you accept another in the later rounds then you have to offically withdraw one of them.
Then they've obviously changed the system since 2004.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks for everyone who replied to my post :wave:
i decided to wait for a while after that post have been made & i got into my 1st preference (B Law/ B Arts-Psychology @ Macq uni). so yeah. everything's now sorted and im over the moon atm. yay!

Season

HSC
Musk said:
No, if you get two offers and you accept one from the earlier round and you accept another in the later rounds then you have to offically withdraw one of them.
I second this, accept the preliminary offer then make sure its still at the bottom of your preferences. Then in the main round you can get another :D

Both brothers got multiple offers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)