sladehk

le random
HSC
UWS open day was today. .pity it rained =(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
poppop said:
is usyd and uts close to each other? what bus do i catch to go to usyd from uts? :)
Basically any bus going along Broadway from UTS (you'll have to cross the road, though). Look for ones for Parramatta Road or RPA, and get off at Victoria Park or University Avenue. Or look for ones for Newtown and get off at Wentworth building. But it's just as easy to walk, really.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
miss-smexy said:
You'd suit Orange, you could work up a better tan there =)

so... are you going to any open days?
lol, umm yeah im prob goin to the usyd and unsw one

miss-smexy

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
yeah there was mud everywhere.
><" got all wet haha.
i heard you guys got mocks, itune cards, love heart stress balls and stuff. haha did that make up for all the mud?

I'm going to walk/bus from usyd to uts.

also, for the unsw open day... isn't that like .... way far... KENSINGTON! and wouldn't that take HEAPS long... and isn't that on the same day as macq? Oh and also, someone said that the Macq open days in a past year was crap?!:confused:

ssglain

HSC
Sorry if this has already been brought up. I didn't look at every post.

I will be going to the Talented Science Student Program at USYD. It's happening during the open day but apparently it's a full day event so I'm wondering which one I should attend. Does anyone know if it will be much different to the normal open day? Is anyone else coming?

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
ssglain said:
Sorry if this has already been brought up. I didn't look at every post.

I will be going to the Talented Science Student Program at USYD. It's happening during the open day but apparently it's a full day event so I'm wondering which one I should attend. Does anyone know if it will be much different to the normal open day? Is anyone else coming?
I know of people going to that day (nichhhhole received an invitation and I know a couple more people going to it), I reckon it's just an extended look at what the scientific faculty at USYD has to offer to the students, and the whole Talented Students Program they run in the university. Might talk with current students doing the TSP, show you opportunites that you can have doing the TSP and stuff like that. If you're interested in the program and want to do science in uni, you probably would want to go to that day, but I'm not sure how it works :)

What I took off an older post:
tieki quoting a USYD newsletter said:
Invitation to talented science students for Courses and Careers Day
The Faculty of Science invites Science Alliance Members to nominate four of your top science or mathematics students to attend special activities to be held for prospective talented students on Courses and Careers Day, August 30. These students will have the opportunity to find out more about programs for the top students and academic staff by attending talks and visiting displays. All students will also have the opportunity to talk with some of our top science students during the free lunch hosted by the Science Students Society and the Dean of Science. Activities for talented students interested in science will run from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Watch out for your nomination forms in the mail, or call Jas Chambers on (02) 9351 5397 for more information!

dukey

HSC
I'm going to UTS and USyd this week :D

I've been to UTS a few times because my ex goes there. I quite like it though I haven't been to Usyd.

Is it big? I don't want to do a lot of walking :p

miss-smexy

HSC
Is anyone going to Macq open day? I only know one person going. And I looked at a macq brochure and guess what they have?!!

* FACE PAINTING
* THOSE MINI TRAIN THINGS YOU SEE AT CHINATOWN
* HORSES

and yehh XD hmmmmmmmmm but the unsw one sounds more interesting... which one to go to?! >.<

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
OK BOS BABEHS...

i know that myspace and msn tells us all not to give out personal details on le internet BUT i figure amongst the 028319031930-193-193-193-2193-1923-120 year 12 students at usyd/uts on sat it's hardly going to make a difference to some 1083901389123 year old man seeking fresh highschool meat.

i have been delegated the responsibility [by SS} to inform u all that....

We're having our first very own 'meat up' or whatever it is that the older ones call it..
12.30 outside fischer library on saturday at Sydney uni!

ALL ARE WELCOME ... !​

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to identify each other and all but yep.
just drop by.. say hi.. it'll be nice toput a face to all our internet loverboyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands
See you then :)!
If you want the contact details of either myself or Sam (bringbackshred, Shotgun Wedding, Isaac Newton, *^*qtsxcgurl*^*, Sam..., Sad Statue, kewlu), then you can PM me to get the moblie numbers.

See you guys on Saturday! :wave:

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Or if Gab isn't on, i'll more than likely be here.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
Hmm..
ok so in April or something i went to this open day type thing at USYD... it was a selective one where only a certain number of students from each school could go ...

Anyway..
so i went to that and then just recently i got some invitation from the dean of science at USYD inviting me to the talented students science program...
and it's some luncheon thing on the same day as Sydney Live.

Now of course i wwas like very pleased at this invitation.. especially considering i dont even do science? nor did i sign myself up for this.

Can anyone tell me what the hell it is? or is it just some blanket invitation sent out? I figured it may be because of the openday thing iwent to at the beginning of the year.. but i never signed myself up for anything remotely science related.. i steered very clear.

Anyone else going?
hey nichole
yeah i went to that selective open day thing - degree in a day
and yes i got an invite to a science gifted and talented...even though i dont do science.....and nor did i sign up for it =)

dnno. blanket invite.

dnt think i'll rock up to usyd or uts - definately going to unsw though.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
yeah I'm going tomorrow with some friends from school to both USYD and UTS. We are going to stay in USYD til 12.00, then we'll head off to UTS lol

Question: are the open days structured? as in; is there a introductory session for everyone or do u go straight into sessions/lectures/talks etc u wanna do?

and how long do these sessions last generally? because we only have a limited time at each uni and my friends and I want to efficiently utilise the day

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Half hour and hour long lectures. Most aren't repeated, so you only have one chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)