Uni starts tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
wow serious? take it to them!!! demand your money back, you havent got any sort of evidence that you signed up have you? I thought you get something, like last yr we got keyring thing, not sure about this yr. Even if you do get your papers, your weekend paper will take aages to process
SO thats why when I was WAITING IN LINE, i bloody ignored em, damn paper ppl, leave me alone, you think i like to waste my time for your papers rather than just staring out to nowhere???? pfft...

CieL

HSC
No ><

When I paid I asked for a receipt.. then the guy behind the desk was like.. don't worry, on the day just give them your photo ID and they'll give you your card..

All I got as proof was the stupid tear-off from the order form.. and the number he wrote on it if there was any problems.. oh well.. I'll just keep grabbing the free papers until o-week finishes I guess..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe, is the SMH thing still around? I want to sign up to both

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I signed up for that in my first year, never received any weekend papers so i refused to sign up again last year or this year.

CieL

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
dam. I would be majorly pissed if that happened to me. Did you show them the tear-off from the order form? You should go there again with it and ask them for a card now or a refund.
Yeah I did show them the tear-off (yesterday).. because I said I dont have a receipt for proof.. but I have...

"the number to call?" <-- the asian dude at the tent thing even finished my sentence for me =.=

Then he was like "Yeah, the list gets refreshed.. so come back later.. we'll be here all week, and next week too"

*my thought: So am I supposed to waste my time coming here everyday of the week when it's your fault?*

Then I come back today to be greeted by a blonde chick under the tent.. it was the same list.. all daggy.. and I knew she wouldnt be able to find my name.. i'm like.. *SIGH* "dw i'll come back another time"

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnation said:
Hmm...thank god there were no tutes today. I just woke up and it was the best sleep I had in ages. I'm going for a stat lecture today though which should sadly diminish all the fun :(
did u go to econ141 lecture today?
It was bloody ridiculous, i left after one and a bit hours :p

^___^
HSC
fuck

i joined so many clubs

Debating
Headhunter
IMBG
MIT
MQ Golf Club
Young Liberals (don't flame me, i was there only for the free bag :()

*hopeful*

HSC
im finally goin 2 uni 2moro! i even think im slightly excited

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
That really sucks about the Australian :( Steve and I signed up for the SMH one just for the weekend deliveries really, dont think we'll ever pick them up from SAM.

I really hope they are delivered now after hearing from Dazed. Thats really, really dodgy.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*~Dazed~* said:
I signed up for that in my first year, never received any weekend papers so i refused to sign up again last year or this year.
Yeah same here. But I thought it was because I live in a unit.

SMH is infinitely better...so go with that one folks. I would, if I was ever at uni during the day :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I have been getting deliveries since last year (when I signed up), you should ring them if they never come, it's definitely legit.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
*bludges at office job*

Edit: An hour later, bludging again and wanting to go home but I have to stay here a while longer to answer phones and whatnot. Bored now!

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
Where was headhunter? I was looking for it :S
its next to IMBG, which is opposite the SAM shop...Co-Op Bookshop side

monique66

Supra said:
did u go to econ141 lecture today?
It was bloody ridiculous, i left after one and a bit hours :p
I'm doing Econ141 next semester, I 'apparently' needed to do econ110 first (which may i point out is equally as boring...*sigh*)

CieL

HSC
Isnt that like.. micro or something..

fwarkkk BBA103 is tedious.. I cant understand half the things Allan McHarg says due to his weird accent

monique66

I think econ141 is micro,
econ110 is def macro,
i think, unless i missed the whole point of the lecture...

which is very possible.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnation said:
I'm doing Econ141 next semester, I 'apparently' needed to do econ110 first (which may i point out is equally as boring...*sigh*)
You also need to have done STAT170...I think its mainly for second year students...
If you do econ111 and not 110 i think u still can do econ141...main thing is stat...

damnation said:
I think econ141 is micro,
econ110 is def macro,
i think, unless i missed the whole point of the lecture...

which is very possible.
Nah...

ECON110 = Macro (typically done first year)
ECON111 = Micro (as above)
ECON141 = Econometrics (typically done second year, but can do it first year...maybe in the second sem)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Pre-requisites for ECON141 are:
ECON110 or ECON111 and;
STAT170 or STAT171

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)