uni student dating a highschool student (1 Viewer)

Amryllis

HSC
I think a lot of people are still pretty conservative about the age thing. It's generally more accepted if the guy is the older one. But if the girl was older, she'd be called a "cradle robber". One of my friends in 3rd year uni this year is dating a year 11 girl (almost 16), and most of our friends seem to think that it's a little dodgy... I think while one person is still in high school, it seems worse. But when you come out of high school, the age gap doesn't seem so bad. Although I still wouldn't like a huge age gap e.g. 21 year old girl and a 31 year old guy. The guy would be at the stage where he would want to settle down and get married, but a 21 year old would still be in uni (generally) and wouldn't be ready for marriage for years yet... That's just the way I see it,

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Alot of guys in uni actually prefer girlfriends that are in their senior years of high school yr 11/12 because alot of guys just end up in uni courses or campuses where there aren't many decent chicks around, and also some uni chicks don't like guys their own age they prefer dudes older by at least a couple of years, so yeah, I would say high school/uni couples happen often enough

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
S_Kaye said:
i think it all depends on if you really want to make the relationship work. my bf was at uni in wollongong when i was doing my hsc in syd and we made it work. i didnt think that the lifestyles were very different at all. we're still together now so it has been 3 years. if you put some effort into making it work then it probably will. i have no problem with it at all.
how often did u see each other though, since hes at uni at the gong at u doing the HSC at sydney.

aj_number_10

HSC
well im a uni student doing a bchelor of philosophy (i got in with a uai of 96) n yer im dating a high skewl student in yr 11 atm. we get on great. n while she may not b smarter than me , she makes up for it in other ways if u no wat i mean

when i was in high skewl i dated many uni students , n post uni students

LazyBoy

HSC
Um is there a B Philosophy at USYD? and how come your sig says otherwise. and your post is just so conflicting.

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
one of my reason to go to uni is to check out hot uni guy......T.T well dat dream is gone...since so many suggested uni n high skool relationships dont work out

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i don't see any problem with uni and high school student relationships. so long the uni person isn't too much older than the high school student - but if they can get past the age issue, then that's fine.

my cousin has been dating a uni guy for quite a while now. except she'll be starting uni this yr though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LazyBoy said:
Um is there a B Philosophy at USYD? and how come your sig says otherwise. and your post is just so conflicting.
Because he's a liar and makes up a heap of shit. He originally said that he was in the <30 UAI category.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
well... i don't think there are any hot guys in my uni course.... :( waaahhhhh

but I don't know of any cases where a uni/hs relationship has lasted that long, UNLESS the girl/guy was in yr 12 and nearly leaving anyway. any bigger than that, and I don't see how it could really work that well

lala2

Banned
HSC
my friend has been dating this uni guy for 20 months now...she's in Year 12 and he's in second or third year USYD Physio now (can't remember), so it does work I guess...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
Has anyone been in that or is in that situation. does it work? are there any complications? im just wondering would a situation like this work. discuss
There is surely nothing wrong with that, as long as she's old enough it doesnt matter

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jumb said:
Because he's a liar and makes up a heap of shit. He originally said that he was in the <30 UAI category.
In all seriousness how awesome would it be to see someone's parents' faces when they were told their son/daughter/other got a *.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
it would be pretty funny :p

back to topic

Uni - School relationships would work, if both parties were about the same age, as in months to a year and a bit apart or something... and if both were around the same maturity level... and also they'd have to like eachother :rolleyes: :p

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
it would be pretty funny :p

back to topic

Uni - School relationships would work, if both parties were about the same age, as in months to a year and a bit apart or something... and if both were around the same maturity level... and also they'd have to like eachother :rolleyes: :p
Well obviously they would have to like each other, otherwise why would they be going out in the first place

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
indeed. :p
but i think for things to work properly they would have to be around the same age, and/or same maturity level, and not be put off by the idea of going out with a school student if your a uni student.

caus i know alot of people, once they finish uni, bang, thats it, don't want ANYTHING to do with school.. :confused:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
indeed. :p
but i think for things to work properly they would have to be around the same age, and/or same maturity level, and not be put off by the idea of going out with a school student if your a uni student.

caus i know alot of people, once they finish uni, bang, thats it, don't want ANYTHING to do with school.. :confused:
Well it also depends on what stage in life their at

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)