Uni vs. High School (3 Viewers)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
That's actually depressing.

A nice way to say 'nah you won't be accepted by the majority of kids in top uni so you'll have hang out with that one other kid from your school that made it in and make a clique of the dropkicks from western sydney'

i actually broke down yesterday. My life's been pretty shit so far and school's been terrible. I was looking forward to making friends in uni and meeting new people but I guess pretentiousness is universal.

:(
You'll be fine

It took square a good few years to make actual friends and he came from a shit school

My experience was an exception

If you really want just go to UWS/MACQ they are generally more friendlier

looks like it sadly :(

um...do u reckon it would be easy from a student from a not so great high school to make friends with students who came from top performing high schools? tbh how would u know which students would be the 'leftovers/miscallaneous ones' so that you can make friends with them? (especially at events like balls/pub crawls)

yeah but i think a majority of students from elite schools in syd would still hold that elitism and would refuse to hang out with the miscallaneous students. i reckon some students from those elite schools that are open minded would actually be willing to make friends with any student regardless of school/socioeconomic background/etc

oh lmao what if u already have some connections with selective school students (when u dont go to a selective school) do u reckon it'd be easier to make friends with them (as opposed to those without connections to selective school students)

My condolences are with you mate

May I wish all the bad memories of your not so great life be replaced with new forever lasting memories so then you'll never have to go through this hell again :)
well if u have any way of getting into the circle it won't be a problem

Everyone's experiences are different though so it's okay!!!

Besides, not all private/selective school kids will be as 'elitist' or pretentious as the rest and will most likely be more welcoming :dog:
True there's always selective dropkicks lol

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Everyone's experiences are different though so it's okay!!!

Besides, not all private/selective school kids will be as 'elitist' or pretentious as the rest and will most likely be more welcoming :dog:
yeah that's what i said in the context that there will be some not so elitistic students from private/selective schools
tbh if people won't be friends with you because of your school you're better off without them, there's plenty of other cool people too meet and be friends with instead
good point although it's great to me friends with as many people as possible (well tbh whoever you can actually make friends with)
Not fucked. Just be yourself, no need to pressure yourself to form friendship groups on the first day of university. Of course be active and out there, join societies and go to events etc. Seriously, I'm friends with a lot of private school kids and everyone's chill. Just a stereotype that some people do participate in for the fun of it, but everyone's fine. Stop the feedback loop from hell, cut the negativity and focus on the positive. and HSC is more important rn lol
well ppl want to make friends at uni bc it's a new starting point (with the exception of a couple of hs friends). Probably because you've known these private school kids for longer (or maybe you just hang out with the right students from private schools)
You'll be fine

It took square a good few years to make actual friends and he came from a shit school

My experience was an exception

If you really want just go to UWS/MACQ they are generally more friendlier

well if u have any way of getting into the circle it won't be a problem

True there's always selective dropkicks lol
but everyone's more into UNSW/usyd bc of the prestige (as well as the wide range of courses on offer)

i reckon it's possible (to some extent) to hang out with those elitists from the elite schools, as long as they're willing to chat/hang out with you
You don't have to be a dropkick in a selective school to be open minded and accept people based on their personality and not based on the elitism. It all really comes down to the kind of person you are.
true coz high school doesn't define who u are but for most of these selective school/private school kids it seems like that their lives are revolved around the fact that school defines a lot

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Legit dont go to unsw trimesters will fuck you over

Im saying this because the people who start next year will begin to settle into the semester system then suddenly they will have to change to trimesters

Its going to be a very shitty transition

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I mean its super cringe but people from selective schools wear their jerseys during the first few weeks
Then more cringe when they buy the unsw jumpers

andrew12678

HSC
I mean its super cringe but people from selective schools wear their jerseys during the first few weeks
HAHAHA, would have loved to have seen that one in person, no one did that at Usyd

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Legit dont go to unsw trimesters will fuck you over

Im saying this because the people who start next year will begin to settle into the semester system then suddenly they will have to change to trimesters

Its going to be a very shitty transition
do trisemesters mean more work or what? for usyd students it's better (i think) bc they have summer school, winter school and their 2 semesters wheras unsw has no winter school, just the current 2 semesters and summer school (although they will have 35 weeks in total by 2019 iirc)
yeah they still have their HSC/high school ego within them which they probably would never let go of (despite the fact that high school's finished and people move on with life). ive seen photos of people doing that at uni camp....
HAHAHA, would have loved to have seen that one in person, no one did that at Usyd
tbh better off not doing that coz high school's finished for them and ppl move on in life (well for most of the selective schools/private schools they dont)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)