Union Board Elections 2007 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adgala

HSC
Re: The Official Union Board Elections 2007 Thread

withoutaface said:
I'd just like to congratulate Ruchir on his magical chalk, which seems to have somehow magically survived the last few days of rain when noone else's has.

You must tell us your secret! :)
i was thinking about that too, maybe he wrote it early in the morning (before 8) today?

Ruchir

HSC

withoutaface said:
I'd just like to congratulate Ruchir on his magical chalk, which seems to have somehow magically survived the last few days of rain when noone else's has.

You must tell us your secret! :)
My secret is commitment. You really dislike me don't you?! You don't even return my smile on campus... :)

Anyways, I don't know why I'm posting this but I thought this might make you happy. One of your ideas of bringing Commem day back is already in action!! Isn't that awesome? We were in Student Programs and Activities Committee today and we got to discuss the commem day coming back... without you having to put any effort... Its happening on Friday, 5th of October this year! Its awesome!

P.S. The markets topic was overshadowed by the splitting of committees this year. However, it will be brought up again soon when Verge is discussed or when there is a new subcommittee(which is being spoken about) for Arts and Campus Culture. :)

gerhard

HSC

union people it rained today i got wet

if you can stop this happening i will vote for you

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Ruchir said:
My secret is commitment. You really dislike me don't you?! You don't even return my smile on campus... :)
When has this been? Any time I've seen you I've either waved or you've been busy on the phone.
Anyways, I don't know why I'm posting this but I thought this might make you happy. One of your ideas of bringing Commem day back is already in action!! Isn't that awesome? We were in Student Programs and Activities Committee today and we got to discuss the commem day coming back... without you having to put any effort... Its happening on Friday, 5th of October this year! Its awesome!
Well I'll be happy to help the convenors in organising it, given the last I heard of it was that it was cancelled indefinately after the lead act pulled the pin last year, and I had no reason to think there had been any change given a search of the USU site returns nothing for commem or commemoration.

And you still haven't responded to Stas' criticism of your student radio idea.

Last edited:

Ruchir

HSC

brogan77 said:
Nah your secret is wet chalking, which is both vandalous and against the spirit of the election.
Check the campus again tomorrow. I would have been fined if it was wet chalking. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Ruchir said:
Check the campus again tomorrow. I would have been fined if it was wet chalking. :)
Except noone's been fined or disqualified for wet chalking in years. Cf Roz last year.

Last edited:

Ruchir

HSC

When has this been? Any time I've seen you I've either waved or you've been busy on the phone.
I smiled when I was on the phone today, I smiled when I saw you next to the truck yesterday and I wish u had waved.. :)

And the Radio station idea is something that needs to be researched. I want to be able to write a paper on it and submit it on the board. Merging it with other stations or renting a frequency, if financially viable may be a good plan. But I'd rather have it looked up thoroughly rather than just put down without giving it a shot because its something that would not only bring revenue to the union but get students invovled. I think it would be very exciting!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

What the hell is Commem day? Commemoration day?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Ruchir said:
I smiled when I was on the phone today, I smiled when I saw you next to the truck yesterday and I wish u had waved.. :)

And the Radio station idea is something that needs to be researched. I want to be able to write a paper on it and submit it on the board. Merging it with other stations or renting a frequency, if financially viable may be a good plan. But I'd rather have it looked up thoroughly rather than just put down without giving it a shot because its something that would not only bring revenue to the union but get students invovled. I think it would be very exciting!
But there's no precedent for it to work, and with the Union's currently limited resources, throwing money at something which will probably fail isn't in the best interest of either the members or the coffers. The idea has been researched by many people, and I'd tend to take the word of someone who's been involved with the SURG over two years and is not ideologically predisposed to support either campaign than your assurance that you'll "look into writing a paper on it". :rolleyes:

-Ewen-

HSC

The only experience I have with the Union radio is when they air it in Manning and the volume is turned up so lound, and the static so bad, that you literally have to leave because your head starts hurting.

The Union shouldn't have a radio station in the same way that it doesn't have a space program --> Waste of funds.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

But we do have a space programme. Every year 2 groups of engineering students build cube sats and they launch them in Kazakhstan.

-Ewen-

HSC

withoutaface said:
But we do have a space programme. Every year 2 groups of engineering students build cube sats and they launch them in Kazakhstan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASsat

Lol, I stand corrected.

Quesrtion about the tequila thing, is it tequila shots or tequila slamers?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

Not-That-Bright said:
swearing, pedophilia, defamation, homophobia (even though I justified it by saying "it's okay, I'm bi") and insulting fat people.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

ElGronko said:
swearing, pedophilia, defamation, homophobia (even though I justified it by saying "it's okay, I'm bi") and insulting fat people.
Charming. And saying "it's okay, I'm bi" doesn't justify it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

-Ewen- said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASsat

Lol, I stand corrected.

Quesrtion about the tequila thing, is it tequila shots or tequila slamers?
Slammers.

Campaign's almost in full swing now and I've started doing more lecture bashing and annoying people in Union buildings, though I'm surprised by how receptive a lot of them are. Bashing brogan's lecture at 4 :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

haha, i was reading the profiles of the candiates today and there was one asian kid (that has done no campaigning) that was nominated 100% by other asians, lol.

i think i'll vote for the jew, he'll be tip-top with the union finances

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Angus McStupidMySpace-StylePhoto, in Honi:
If you care about a progressive youth agenda make sure you do not vote for liberals in our Union Board elections next week. Make sure you take the time, before you vote, to find our where the candidates stand on the protection of student organisations and whether or not they were in favour of the destructive VSU legislation.
I don't understand. Why does a candidate's position on VSU affect why you should vote for them? It's not as if the union board is in a position to reverse VSU.

lala2

Banned
HSC

Haha, I'm so outdated as I don't even go near USYD civilisation now (24/7 in Bosch) and haven't been on BOS for a while, but I lol'ed (publicly) on the bus to Central when I read withoutaface's interests after picking up a copy of USU candidates booklet--drinking 2L of milk and being on the winning (BOS) team that ate 49 quarter pounders at a very memorable BOS meet.

I don't know whom I shall vote. Maybe withoutaface for making my exhausting day a little brighter.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

If you care about a progressive youth agenda make sure you do not vote for liberals in our Union Board elections next week. Make sure you take the time, before you vote, to find our where the candidates stand on the protection of student organisations and whether or not they were in favour of the destructive VSU legislation.
Is there a new honi out? :/

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

withoutaface said:
Slammers.

Campaign's almost in full swing now and I've started doing more lecture bashing and annoying people in Union buildings, though I'm surprised by how receptive a lot of them are. Bashing brogan's lecture at 4 :D
Wallace Theatre tomorrow at 11 please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)