Unions (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Re: The Thread that never Ends

so apparently there's a teacher strike next wednesday
can anyone confirm/deny this?
Nine News reported it as the second or third news piece before. 24 hour strike apparently.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Fair enough of teachers to strike too. They are not even after a pay increase at the moment, just a guarantee that staffing numbers won't be cut due to Barry O'Farrel planning on slashing 8000 public sector jobs.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sick of teachers striking. An elected government rightfully sets education policy, not unions. If they don't like it then they should participate in the political process like everybody else instead of holding the state to ransom so they can dictate policy.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Sick of teachers striking. An elected government rightfully sets education policy, not unions. If they don't like it then they should participate in the political process like everybody else instead of holding the state to ransom so they can dictate policy.
No kidding.

How anyone could support a party which sides with a union is beyond me. Constantly holding the country to ransom and we have to pay whether we like it or not.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I'm concerned striking is taking part in the political process

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No kidding.

How anyone could support a party which sides with a union is beyond me. Constantly holding the country to ransom and we have to pay whether we like it or not.
Lol liberals, so silly

(unions4lyf)

Edit: I'm so sick of Tony Abbot opposing X policy and holding the elected government to ransom, and we have to pay for it whether we like it or not

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

unions are an okay concept but have been taken advantage of too much over the past few years (teachers strikes, airline strikes).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

The union at our work is shocking, because the factory was closed for a week they forced us to use two RDO's to cover our wage and the Union reps couldnt care less. Then one of the reps asked me if I could cancel my holidays that are two weeks away.
As if you ask that.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Lol liberals, so silly

(unions4lyf)

Edit: I'm so sick of Tony Abbot opposing X policy and holding the elected government to ransom, and we have to pay for it whether we like it or not
The thing is though, politics is just like that. If the Coalition was in power, then we could say the same thing about Labor/Greens. Whether you agree with the policies or not, they are representing their constituents.

Unions on the other hand have the power to screw everything up and damage the economy just because they feel they deserve more. They don't give two fucks about anyone but their union members (which I suppose is the point) and thus they have no qualms when deciding that they will cause hassle everyone else when they strike. They're a malicious organisation.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

The thing is though, politics is just like that. If the Coalition was in power, then we could say the same thing about Labor/Greens. Whether you agree with the policies or not, they are representing their constituents.

Unions on the other hand have the power to screw everything up and damage the economy just because they feel they deserve more. They don't give two fucks about anyone but their union members (which I suppose is the point) and thus they have no qualms when deciding that they will cause hassle everyone else when they strike. They're a malicious organisation.
Politicians have the power to scre up everything up and damage the economy too - and whilst I don't agree with the liberals opposition to everything they're doing what they think is best to protect their interests.

I think people have the right to strike, people want to protect their livelihoods, just as I think people have the right to protest to protect their interests. I don't buy into this whole protect the economy at all costs mantra.

Besides aren't the liberals supposed to support individual freedoms?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Unions are essential for middle and low income earners. Otherwise working conditions and pay would be like it is in America where you go to work for $2.50 US an hour.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I am against strikes and against any freedom to anyone

Bring on communist china!1!1!1!11!11!!11!3!1!1!2!2!1!!~~~~~~

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Politicians have the power to scre up everything up and damage the economy too - and whilst I don't agree with the liberals opposition to everything they're doing what they think is best to protect their interests.

I think people have the right to strike, people want to protect their livelihoods, just as I think people have the right to protest to protect their interests. I don't buy into this whole protect the economy at all costs mantra.

Besides aren't the liberals supposed to support individual freedoms?
ding ding ding

on da money

although i must take this chance to say i despise both parties and i think our two main choices are a joke at the moment (and have been for a while)

ok back to studying that is my 2c for the night

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Unions are essential for middle and low income earners. Otherwise working conditions and pay would be like it is in America where you go to work for $2.50 US an hour.
But mind you, prices in America are more relative to their wages.

In Australia we have fairly high wages, and our expenses are relative to that

powlmao

Banned
HSC

ding ding ding

on da money

although i must take this chance to say i despise labor and i think liberals are the only way
Its how I feel to.

I hate the labor government

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

But mind you, prices in America are more relative to their wages.

In Australia we have fairly high wages, and our expenses are relative to that
you are half right i am studying this right now but i need to sleep in 10 minutes and cannot elaborate so please accept my views as solid and concrete (computers never lie)

powlmao

Banned
HSC

you are half right i am studying this right now but i need to sleep in 10 minutes and cannot elaborate so please accept my views as solid and concrete (computers never lie)

I knew I wasn't fully right. I agree with you that I am half right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)