Unit not showing up on platformweb (1 Viewer)

dude01

HSC
I'm doing bachelor of business and commerce at blacktown campus and one of my units - Australia and the global economy is not showing up as a unit at blacktown? When I search the unit code on the timetable page, only parra and cambelltown locations come up. Is this because this is a new course offered at blacktown? What should I do?

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
I'm doing bachelor of business and commerce at blacktown campus and one of my units - Australia and the global economy is not showing up as a unit at blacktown? When I search the unit code on the timetable page, only parra and cambelltown locations come up. Is this because this is a new course offered at blacktown? What should I do?
if it is offeredd at Blacktown this semester - it should show up when you search the timetables regardless of what your pweb shows... call/email the uni and double check with them that you are actually able to attend that unit at b'town, coz maybe it's not showing up coz it's not offered at b'town this semester and you have to 'enrol' for another campus for that unit?

just call and check :) it's always the easist way to go - coz if you get wrong information then you can blame the uni:p

dude01

HSC
My units aren't actually on pweb yet (I enrolled on tues) but when I go to search the timetable for this semesters units - the lecture/tutorial times for aus and the global economy only comes up at parra and campbelltown campuses... so what I'm saying is how would I sign up for tutorials/lectures for this unit if it's not on at blacktown?

I'll wait till after my units show on pweb... maybe it will say I have to do this unit at parra or something. If it's still confusing me, then I'll give them a call.

thanks for the help... btw, Lara, it's me tom... how you been? :)

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
My units aren't actually on pweb yet (I enrolled on tues) but when I go to search the timetable for this semesters units - the lecture/tutorial times for aus and the global economy only comes up at parra and campbelltown campuses... so what I'm saying is how would I sign up for tutorials/lectures for this unit if it's not on at blacktown?

I'll wait till after my units show on pweb... maybe it will say I have to do this unit at parra or something. If it's still confusing me, then I'll give them a call.

thanks for the help... btw, Lara, it's me tom... how you been? :)
oh hey!

was planning on emailing to ask if you got the course you wanted but totally forgot:p

newbies:p - it takes up to 72 hours - reason being - when we enrolled for this year, we just did it whenever and they just had to add the new units to our existing data, whereas you guys - there's thousands of you and you gotta put all your personal data and crap in too along with new unit info etc so it takes a whlie.

if they're not up 3 days after you enrolled - give em a call or email to check it's all alrite

= Jennifer =

HSC
dude01 said:
When I search the unit code on the timetable page, only parra and cambelltown locations come up. Is this because this is a new course offered at blacktown? What should I do?
In relation to the timetable page you may have been looking at 2005 a lot of people have been making that mistake. But I just checked for you now and you did look at the 2006 link and it does not appear to be there now http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/tt/search.asp contact maybe the course co ordinator or admin :/

goodluck!

robbie1

HSC
melsc said:
My units still arent showing up and I enrolled last Monday, is this happening to anyone else? I am just worried because tute registration starts for me 9.00am on Thurs :eek: :confused:
i enrolled on Wed the 8th and mine arent up....

Kulazzi

HSC
ring them now. It's been a week and it should be up by now. I enrolled on Monday as well but mine were up by late thursday night. I don't see why your shouldn't.

Kulazzi

HSC
melsc said:
:( That's worrying :eek: You go to PWEB, then click enrolled right? am I doing it right?

Maybe its something to do with the law course because Hypertrophy was having the same problem.
yes, that's right. :)

I think you're right, it's probably something to do with the law course if you're both experiencing the same problem. Give them a ring and ask them what's up - maybe there's an overload of undergraduates doing law :uhoh: :p

dude01

HSC
My units still aren't on platform web... I enrolled on tues and my course isn't even a double degree like melsc. Also the problem with one of my units being offered to us on enrolment day, but then finding out it actually isn't offered at my campus is pissing me off. I have to go to uni tomorrow and hand in a program variation form... to change to a unit (microeconomics) which opens for tut/lecture registration tomorrow! I called them today and the chick on the other line didn't know shit...

I can't organise my timetable because of this one unit... looks like I'm gonna be stuck with a crappy timetable.

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
My units still aren't on platform web... I enrolled on tues and my course isn't even a double degree like melsc. Also the problem with one of my units being offered to us on enrolment day, but then finding out it actually isn't offered at my campus is pissing me off. I have to go to uni tomorrow and hand in a program variation form... to change to a unit (microeconomics) which opens for tut/lecture registration tomorrow! I called them today and the chick on the other line didn't know shit...

I can't organise my timetable because of this one unit... looks like I'm gonna be stuck with a crappy timetable.

don't stress too much.. it'll be a bitch at first but usually after a few weeks ie census date which is week 4 i think? people start to drop out or change courses and the like so you'll most probably be able to swap your times around a little bit.

all else fails - there's usually night classes for business stuff so it may be easier to have one crazy long day rather than bits n pieces here and tehre

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
guys this is a joke. I enrolled last wednesday for law and my units are yet to show on pweb. i rang up the tutorial enquiry line and was told if there not up by the time i have to register which is thursday i have to ring up each of my unit co-ordinators and register through them, this is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!
When i finish my law degree i think i might have to take legal action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)