• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

unit selection question (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
just a quick one, im pretty sure i know the answer but just checking, when it comes to choosing a subject and it has either, assumed knowledge, pre requisite and co requisite, now i know with pre and co it has to have been completed or being completed currently, however with assumed, does it mean if u do not meet all requirements u cant do the subject? my thinkin is you can cause its knowledge u should know, but it isnt a requirement to do the unit? am i correct or way off

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I think you wont have any problems enrolling in the unit but they will teach the subject as if everyone has the assumed knowledge and thus you will have to be prepared for it.

dilroy

HSC
A sort of different question, is it not wise to do Level 3 subjects in my first year? Most of the remaining units in the level 1 and 2 bracket I want to do are in Autumn and the only subject in spring that looks good is a level 3 unit :S

There is only 1 prerequisit for the course which I have already completed, I'm just worried that it might be too much workload. Any advice?

= Jennifer =

HSC
dilroy said:
A sort of different question, is it not wise to do Level 3 subjects in my first year? Most of the remaining units in the level 1 and 2 bracket I want to do are in Autumn and the only subject in spring that looks good is a level 3 unit :S

There is only 1 prerequisit for the course which I have already completed, I'm just worried that it might be too much workload. Any advice?
If you have the required knowledge to do the subject you should not have any problems.

Although you should realise that there will be students in the course who have another year under their belt and have done other units which are similar and may have an advantage.

Maybe a good idea is to have a look and see if those level 1 or 2 subjects are available at another campus for the spring semester.

I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)