• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

University application stress (1 Viewer)

lao_tzu

HSC
Hate to burst your bubble but the war in Afghanistan is just part of north america's global expansion and any just motives (if there were any) for invasion have been lost years ago.

All those deaths are needless, irrevocably horrible and terribly sad. Join the needless fighting if you want to, I'll stick to supporting no war.

You can't fucking fight 'terrorism' with a war its so stupid. So many brain washed people who see things black/white goodie/badie its insane.

See your enemy as the shadow you yourself cast.

/end rant

HSC
The thing I worry about the most is getting a scholarship. My parents are both factory workers who earn less than $70 000 when both of their salaries are added up together and that's before tax and for a family that has to support four people and a dog. I'm not going to ask for them to pay for my HECs. That is one of the two main reasons why I am doing volunteering (the other is for experience since I won't be able to do it again after finishing high school) and why I'm stressing over my uni application.
Can I remind you that most people's parents DO NOT PAY THEIR HECS. My parents earn probably about 35k between them before tax - so half what yours earn, and the only scholarship I have is a CLS (about 2k per year). These aren't based at all on extracurriculars, just disadvantage. BUT, if you are not eligible for YA you aren't likely to get one of these.

You don't need a scholarship to avoid a HECS debt. If you get in a position where you are required to pay it off, then thats it, its just taken out of your pay like tax.

walkahz

HSC
God i hope op is a troll.
No need to stress over uni apps tard put them in and forget untill jan and go from there.
The reason we havent sustained many casualties in the arab shitholes is because our soldiers arnt retarded like the americans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)