University ATAR cut offs (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol why so?

I personally know someone who got in with 96.2, but I really just wanted more input as to how this all could work out. not even second or third round offers?
It's way too competitive watch and learn

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, do you think it's possible for me to get into usyd law or even unsw law if I got an atar of 97 .3? I'm eligible for the disadvantage points, but I don't know really how significant being eligible is or whether this guarantees anything. Thanks :)
um because u r applying for law under eas, u are considered separately. USYD offers upto 40 spots a lone for eas kids. From this the 40 spots are then competed amongst those with EAS and the top 40 ATAR under this scheme is admitted.

Last year the last person to get into USYD Law had an atar of 97.25. However the lecturer did say that was one of the lowest they had but its roughly about there. Although sometimes the cutoff for EAS Law at USYD went up as high as 98.6. So it varies between year to year but I believe you have a good chance. Fingers cross you get in!

d7jrb2

HSC
offer is coming out very soon, I'm so worried about it.....my atar is 92.75 and its 1.7 marks above last year's cut off for my first preference, UNSW engineering flexible first year. I'm also qualified for +4 bouns from HSC plus. So my question is, do UNSW treat me as 96.75 when I apply it? Whats the chance of me getting in??? (the cut off last year was 91.05)

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
offer is coming out very soon, I'm so worried about it.....my atar is 92.75 and its 1.7 marks above last year's cut off for my first preference, UNSW engineering flexible first year. I'm also qualified for +4 bouns from HSC plus. So my question is, do UNSW treat me as 96.75 when I apply it? Whats the chance of me getting in??? (the cut off last year was 91.05)
Im sorry, but.... WHAT ARE YOU STRESSING ABOUT? You're IN! Gawd!

d7jrb2

HSC
Im sorry, but.... WHAT ARE YOU STRESSING ABOUT? You're IN! Gawd!
Im not sure, because my friends told me the cut off can fluctuate, maybe the cut off can rise for like 2 marks, and if I'm subject to bouns points, then so does other applicants...so Im not very confident

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Im not sure, because my friends told me the cut off can fluctuate, maybe the cut off can rise for like 2 marks, and if I'm subject to bouns points, then so does other applicants...so Im not very confident
Wait, unless im retarded, this is my understanding. You got 92.75 right, thats 1.7 marks ABOVE THE CUTOFF... right. You have 4 EXTRA BONUS POINTS TO ADD unnecessarily on top of that, and you're worried about getting in?

Dude.

It will NOT jump 5.7 marks lol.

d7jrb2

HSC
Wait, unless im retarded, this is my understanding. You got 92.75 right, thats 1.7 marks ABOVE THE CUTOFF... right. You have 4 EXTRA BONUS POINTS TO ADD unnecessarily on top of that, and you're worried about getting in?

Dude.

It will NOT jump 5.7 marks lol.
alright..thank you and maybe i will just wait for the offer then

twistedrebel

HSC
your in. UNSW engineering tend to inflate cut offs.

sAppY..

HSC
Last edited:

msh

HSC
What are the chances of getting into a Communications/International Studies course at UTS with an ATAR 0.65 below last year's cut-off? I'm really hoping I can scrape through as I have heard stories of people getting into courses despite being a few points below the cut-off, but as to what courses they were and why they were accepted, I don't have a clue.
You'd definitely have got in considering how dramatically UTS communications have dropped this year!!
I can't believe they are all in the lower 90s this year. It's all times low. I've never seen it that low before!

schadel01

HSC
Hi everyone.
Im wanting to apply for the Bachelor of Nursing. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether you'd still be considered for acceptance if your ATAR is one point below the 2010 cut-off???
I completed the STAT exam and got a low score of 152. :cry:
I asked the university im interested in studying at & the STAT results I received equates to an ATAR score of 66. Im very disappointed because the cut-off is 67!!
Does anyone know if i'd still be considered? Or do you think they will disregard the application?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)