University ATAR cut offs (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, because an ATAR of 97.75 is extremely disadvantage-able :p
they could have gotten 99+ if they were not disdvantaged in some way, u never know. lack of resources maybe, parents divorce, domestic abuse etc. anything of that could happen to someone yet that person could still achieve 97.75. it is all possible. who said you had to be normal to get 90+...

i reckon i am abnormal and i still got 90+ lol :D

jaychouf4n

HSC
Well for Pharm/Optom/Med (and other med related things), there's another aptitude test of some sort (STAT or UMAT). So often the ATAR requirements for those subjects are N/A. Also, being above the 2010 cutoff does not guarantee a place in the 2011 university cohort. This is because ATAR cutoffs change from year to year, based upon supply and demand (as what Absolutezero has stated).

Example, for 2009 entry, UNSW Combined Law was 99.40, people in the HSC class of 2009 who received 99.50 were stoked at having 'made' UNSW Law. However, this was not the case, as when the offers were released on January 20th, they were severely disappointed because the cutoff had been raised to 99.55 for 2010 entry.
Lol! That was me. Doesn't matter, transferred in despite a crappy WAM :DDDDDDDD

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I am only .6 above what I want to do... hopefully it doesn't jump. :/

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I'm about the same, although I believe my course has less chance of fluctuating in the northward direction. Best of luck, Deer.

speedofsound

HSC
the thing is the cut off for that course in your sig is so high already, it can't really fluctuate that much. although i have similar concerns about the course i wanna do. best not to worry, because it'll probably be fine. fingers crossed for the both of us. :)

writer'sblock

HSC
I know many people who were about 3 to 5 UAI ATAR points below the ANU's advertised cut-off
It's the best university in the country, but it happens to be in a place which few live and has a bad repulation as being a crap city.
If only students knew just how fun living on Campus is they wouldn't have to published inflated cut-offs.
but all the unviersities are inflating their cut-offs with bonus points and such, so i guess it's a more subtle way of doing it.

if you're not sure you'll get what you want apply to the ANU, do a year and transfer, if you like it stay.

Kralex

HSC
I know many people who were about 3 to 5 UAI ATAR points below the ANU's advertised cut-off
It's the best university in the country, but it happens to be in a place which few live and has a bad repulation as being a crap city.
If only students knew just how fun living on Campus is they wouldn't have to published inflated cut-offs.
but all the unviersities are inflating their cut-offs with bonus points and such, so i guess it's a more subtle way of doing it.

if you're not sure you'll get what you want apply to the ANU, do a year and transfer, if you like it stay.
shit man do they pay you for this?

itszen

HSC
just a question,does anyone know when the new ATAR cut offs come out?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm quite sure that I'm safe and will definitely get my course... apart from the fact I'm well above the cut-off.

nomoar

HSC
N/A
Guys, do you think it's possible for me to get into usyd law or even unsw law if I got an atar of 97 .3? I'm eligible for the disadvantage points, but I don't know really how significant being eligible is or whether this guarantees anything. Thanks :)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Guys, do you think it's possible for me to get into usyd law or even unsw law if I got an atar of 97 .3? I'm eligible for the disadvantage points, but I don't know really how significant being eligible is or whether this guarantees anything. Thanks :)
no

nomoar

HSC
N/A
I see lol. very informative, thanks. I shouldn't get my hopes up too high lol :(

nomoar

HSC
N/A
Trust me on this one matey
lol why so?

I personally know someone who got in with 96.2, but I really just wanted more input as to how this all could work out. not even second or third round offers?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If you qualify for EAS, then you compete for the EAS spots set aside for law. Imo, you're in with a good chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)