University courses. (1 Viewer)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
nandayo said:
harsh...really harsh.

I don't think LottoX is one of those people, but I have to say, I was reading this article about Med entry in SMH and it was pretty damn interesting. This girl got a 94 UAI I think, so about 5 points off, but the interview panel really liked her communication and overall personality, and sent her through to MBBS @ Syd I think. They were talking about these (namely asians) that didn't want to do Med to help people. There was this one asian kid with some brilliant UAI who broke down in the interview room and was crying to the panel that he didn't want to work in medicine. Guess who was waiting eagerly outside? His pushy mum.
i wanna read this article. link please!

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
live.fast said:
everybody, go foR the B.construction!!!!!! low UAi needed, no need for great character. easy job, easy hours, ginormous brain not required, aaaaand

you get free donuts every once in awhile!

VS. B.law/med = high UAi (if u dont get it, u breaaak down), need for extremely great character, extreeeemmeeely hard job, long hours (to the point where, if you get yoruself a wife, she'll leave ya in about 3 months), and an extremely BIG-NORMOUS brain is definitely a neccesity...

and most importantly....no donuts... =(

construction eats law/med.
lol

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
nandayo said:
harsh...really harsh.

I don't think LottoX is one of those people, but I have to say, I was reading this article about Med entry in SMH and it was pretty damn interesting. This girl got a 94 UAI I think, so about 5 points off, but the interview panel really liked her communication and overall personality, and sent her through to MBBS @ Syd I think. They were talking about these (namely asians) that didn't want to do Med to help people. There was this one asian kid with some brilliant UAI who broke down in the interview room and was crying to the panel that he didn't want to work in medicine. Guess who was waiting eagerly outside? His pushy mum.

But hey, LottoX could be a) not asian b) really interested in people, and in med c) all of the above. So no need to be so harsh eh? Unless you actually know him. In which case you can say anything you want. I guess.
he deleted his post :( sorry LottoX ?

aaargh can not ANYBODY tell that i'm not being serious? heck i'm asian myself. take everything i say online with a grain of salt. or sugar :uhhuh: mm sweet

run along now little 07ers and 08ers. look i have candy want some ;)

bitchy girl

HSC
N/A
u dont need to do science subs in high school
you can do bridging courses =]

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Not if you hated science, but wanted to do a course that required it anyway. That way, you ruin your adult life with a high paying science related job you dont like, rather than ruining your teenage life (and frying your brain) with science subjects about signal transduction and propagation in biological cells, molecular-scale biological processes, experimental astro-particle physics, atmospheric physics instrumentation and light propagation through the atmosphere :confused: :bomb: :confused: :bomb:

:)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
arn't bridging courses REALLY stressful? heard that 2 years worth of a subject gets crammed into a period of a month or so...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
bobness said:
you my friend must be asian.

and you probably only want to do law because you believe its prestigious OR all your asian friends believe its prestigious so you jump on the bandwagon OR because you're asian you believe its possible to score the high cut-off mark so you believe its a waste if you do any other course which has a lower cut-off mark OR your parents believe its great for career prospects (i mean wtf would they know? they came from a boat!) OR you're only after money OR you have an extremely low self-esteem so you need to do a 'recognised' course to make up for it OR you like to blow goats.

i'd like to think its the latter :eek:
Haha, you sure didn't sound as if you weren't serious... even if it's suppose to be a 'joke' this post was uncalled for... because some people probably do view asian people who 'want' to do these high uai courses as the description that you just gave...

Chocolat

HSC
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do at university. Absolutely none. All I know is that I want to go to university, but to do what...that's a totally different story! There are just so many courses to choose from and to me the majority of them sound interesting in their own way so it's extremely difficult for me to choose! What bugs me even more is that all of my friends know exactly what course they want to go to at university...except me! Lol...I'm your typical Libra: incapable of making decisions :p

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
because some people probably do view asian people who 'want' to do these high uai courses as the description that you just gave...
oh hello :eek:

well ok fair enough it is the asians who want to do those courses. in which case the stereotype fits right? i'm confused with where you're taking this =/

so if people didn't believe its asians (say um bohemian rastafarians from the distant land of sweden instead) who desire these 'high uai courses' then my comment could be taken as a joke?

and if it really is asians (which i guess would be most logical) then my sarcastic post must obviously be read literally and have offence taken at it? internetz is serious business but.. really now.

stereotyping is just a presentation of cultural attributes as the norm. i'm sure when people say 'james ruse' they think of a) chinatown b) nerds c) uai factory (and that's the 'nice' version :p) or 'italian soccer' as a) divers b) fags c) zomg their country is shaped like a kicking foot and soccer ball so they must cane

here:

http://www.orcmagazine.com/Google_Your_Race/index.html

i shall see you at uni. and yes i'll look for the guy with black, parted hair (dyed if you're korean), listening to an MD, wearing rimless glasses (or contacts take your pick) and who won't spend more than $15 for a lunchtime meal even if its at yum cha :rofl:

pete_mate

HSC
yoakim said:
yep, my sister's b/f's friend is a doctor and is also one of the judges/interviewers, and he says that it's about their character more than their academic marks. You can ace all subjects, exams, etc and be a super mean/selfish/proud person and get the marks for med, but what's the point? Doctors are suppose to be caring people.
I know someone that fits "super mean/selfish/proud" quite well, and passed the UMAT. but he's really good at playing 2 instruments and i think they like that for surgeons.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
subjectiv said:
rimless glasses? i thought it was those black square frames which make you look smart and edgy(if you're hot)/emo(if you have a fringe). zomg you know what looks cute? reading glasses!
That's if you are from hk. And girls wear it too. Its like the unisex fad which i would not want to be part of :uhhuh:

for the second part. no.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
1) arts/law

2) commerce/law (yeah i hate it but my parents would fry me alive before i do arts a-ba-lone)

3) B commerce

hmm and i should have mentioned this earlier song hye gyo is hot.

that is all. whoever the f*ck would choose Han Eun Jung over her is quite a retard :eek:

Last edited:

LynH1326

HSC
Bachelor of Education (Middle) UAI cut-off 78.00
or
Bachelor of Eduaction (Primary) UAI cut-off 75.00

Both at Uni of Canberra

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
bobness said:
oh hello :eek:

well ok fair enough it is the asians who want to do those courses. in which case the stereotype fits right? i'm confused with where you're taking this =/

so if people didn't believe its asians (say um bohemian rastafarians from the distant land of sweden instead) who desire these 'high uai courses' then my comment could be taken as a joke?

and if it really is asians (which i guess would be most logical) then my sarcastic post must obviously be read literally and have offence taken at it? internetz is serious business but.. really now.

stereotyping is just a presentation of cultural attributes as the norm. i'm sure when people say 'james ruse' they think of a) chinatown b) nerds c) uai factory (and that's the 'nice' version :p) or 'italian soccer' as a) divers b) fags c) zomg their country is shaped like a kicking foot and soccer ball so they must cane

here:

http://www.orcmagazine.com/Google_Your_Race/index.html

i shall see you at uni. and yes i'll look for the guy with black, parted hair (dyed if you're korean), listening to an MD, wearing rimless glasses (or contacts take your pick) and who won't spend more than $15 for a lunchtime meal even if its at yum cha :rofl:
Haha yeah, at first I thought you weren't being sarcastic, then I read further and I realised that you were being sarcastic.. but the post that you posted has no point, and it doesn't relate to your personal univsersity course that you desire, and it was quite racist towards the sterotypical cultures. So, yeah, all in all let's call it a day :)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
hmm and i should have mentioned this earlier song hye gyo is hot.

that is all. whoever the f*ck would choose Han Eun Jung over her is quite a retard :eek:
very.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)