University Open days, anyone? (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
The lady speaking on behalf of Journalism was really charismatic whereas the lady talking about information and media... was not. Almost half of the '30' people from the information and media seminar left half way haha...

Oh, and did you manage to fill out a survey and receive the free UTS tee or singlet? They're great!

Which course are you considering taking up?
no i didn't see any surveys anywhere? i left at about 1:30, too early to see them?

well i went to uts today with intentions of doing journalism/law, and pretty much left with the same intentions. :) could possibly consider social enquiry, though. how about you?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Going to these university open days makes me rethink my career path.

- commerce (UWS convinced me that it's a crap course to go with.. as did UNSW)
- medicine (interesting... but the work involved scares me.. all thanks to UNSW)
- psychology (Interesting, but haven't heard a thing about it)
- law (OMG!!! NEVER!!! UWS convinced me that it's a crap course)
- Science (UNSW convinced me that's it's a great course)

Obviously, the universities didn't directly say, "don't do it. It's crap", but the way they presented the courses made some seem more unappealing than others.

I'm quite interested in doing Commerce and Psychology, but hmmm... every university presents the unappealing side of Commerce.

I think I might go with Pharmacy in the future (how ironic.. I suck at chemistry)
Look at law elsewhere, can't say I particularly enjoyed law at UWS, currently studying it at Notre Dame and loving it :)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Would be intersting to know who was doing the seminars/lectures for science at UTS today. I can imagine some of my lecturers accidentally scaring off potential students.

And they were giving out free shirts at UTS today? lol.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Would be intersting to know who was doing the seminars/lectures for science at UTS today. I can imagine some of my lecturers accidentally scaring off potential students.

I actually wish I'd gone along, just for the shirt lol :shy:
And in the hope that I'd run into Blair :shy: :shy:

HSC

srs? man i shouldv'e got a free shirt :burn:

Paradox.101

HSC
no i didn't see any surveys anywhere? i left at about 1:30, too early to see them?

well i went to uts today with intentions of doing journalism/law, and pretty much left with the same intentions. :) could possibly consider social enquiry, though. how about you?
Basically a few UTS'ers were walking around with a clipboard asking if you wanted to participate in a small survey (which asks you how you were finding the ambience, seminars, food etc.) and you were then given a ticket you present to the booth outside near the nova booth to redeem the swag. Bad luck on missing out on it tho.

Well, I stepped in with the intentions of Journalism and left convinced on Information and Media along with Internation Studies, great combo in my opnion, and doesn't require a insanely high ATAR required... unlike Journalism.
I'm also able to choose Journalism as a sub major, so I'll be able to work as a online journalist so I'm really happy with that!

Sure were!
Either a blue or yellow highlighted quote against a pure black t-shirt or singlet.
The quote is:

-adverb
tech.no.log.i.cal.ly
[tek-nuh-loj-i-kuhl-ee]
1. Creative.

And on the lower right back, sports a little cute sketching of the UTS tower.

It's 100% Cotton too haha :)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I have some friends who work with the UTS Union. Maybe I could get one of those shirts through them, sounds awesome.

I actually wish I'd gone along, just for the shirt lol :shy:
And in the hope that I'd run into Blair :shy: :shy:
I'd really rather you didn't make creepy comments about my lecturers o_O

Last edited:

atm1991

HSC
UTS was good overall. Went with a mate into a presentation cause he was considering Bachelor of Global Studies. 2 mins in, I wanted to shoot myself in the head, and 3 mins in we left.

Also, a group of 5 of us went with this chick from marketing up to the top floor of the main building and talked anonymously about different uni's subject booklets, which ones were most effective etc. Took less than 10 mins, and we got a free movie ticket each :)

astroe

HSC
Sure were!
Either a blue or yellow highlighted quote against a pure black t-shirt or singlet.
The quote is:

-adverb
tech.no.log.i.cal.ly
[tek-nuh-loj-i-kuhl-ee]
1. Creative.

And on the lower right back, sports a little cute sketching of the UTS tower.

It's 100% Cotton too haha :)
Not only that, they're Bonds!
Highlight of the day, although I can't see myself wearing it anywhere.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Love how UTS seems to have to give out masses of free things and try really hard to make you want to go there.

But that's ok, if you fall for that, we don't want you here at Usyd anyway :p

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Love how UTS seems to have to give out masses of free things and try really hard to make you want to go there.

But that's ok, if you fall for that, we don't want you here at Usyd anyway :p
UNCLE and Charles Sturt University :)

pfff USYD :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)