UNSW 2014 Rollcall (1 Viewer)

GiJade

HSC
Re: UNSW 2014ers Rollcall

1st year Bachelor of Computer Science (Co-op) .... It'd be cool to know who the other co-ops are?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
1st year Bachelor of Computer Science (Co-op) .... It'd be cool to know who the other co-ops are?
Oh well done.

I'm hoping to get into coop 2nd year cause people are bound to drop out and I was shortlisted.

ismeta

HSC

Oh awesome, hi :) I'm a second year comp sci co op.

ismeta

HSC

Co-op people might have mixers and meets and even camps??
Yeah, there's a camp for first year co ops (and later year coops who've just joined the program) and a couple of events in the beginning of the year. There's also BBQs around once a semester, and CoopSoc sometimes throws events too.

NBGHHS

HSC

2nd year Econ/Law

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

Guys, with my ATAR, is there a chance for me to get into a B Comm at UNSW?

I don't know why I put USYD econ as my 2nd preference. I don't even like economics. Hahahah.

williamdaft

HSC

Guys, with my ATAR, is there a chance for me to get into a B Comm at UNSW?

I don't know why I put USYD econ as my 2nd preference. I don't even like economics. Hahahah.
Well let's see.
Your ATAR's 91.90.
With the bonus points scheme by UNSW BCom, you achieved 2 bonus points each from Adv. Eng. and Ext. Eng. so that adds up to 95.90 as your entrance score.

You have a chance! Last year's cutoff was 96.30. This year might change down/up by 1 ATAR I guess.. it just comes to demand and supply.
You might get in if you're lucky.

You don't like econ?? then don't do it lol. If you can't make it to BCom at UNSW, you can try econ and transfer to comm, if you really want to do comm.

Also, for BCom, mathematics is assumed knowledge so you might need a bridging course.

Last edited:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

I'm a little worried since on this forum at least, heaps of people want to do commerce. I feel like 95.9 just doesn't cut it. I wish they'd take into account my work experience ._. I feel like shaking my fist, ahahaha.

I couldn't stand my econ teacher in year 11, hence why I dropped it. I wasn't doing that badly, in fact I was averaging 85+. I'm very unconfident in math which is the reason for not doing in year 12. If I had, I would have jeopardised all hope for a 90+ atar. I've always known a mathematics bridging course was going to be inevitable.

Do you know what kind of topics you do in a math course?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'm a little worried since on this forum at least, heaps of people want to do commerce. I feel like 95.9 just doesn't cut it. I wish they'd take into account my work experience ._. I feel like shaking my fist, ahahaha.

I couldn't stand my econ teacher in year 11, hence why I dropped it. I wasn't doing that badly, in fact I was averaging 85+. I'm very unconfident in math which is the reason for not doing in year 12. If I had, I would have jeopardised all hope for a 90+ atar. I've always known a mathematics bridging course was going to be inevitable.

Do you know what kind of topics you do in a math course?
For first year, they basically go through the MX1 and MX2 subjects again, along with matrices, some basic theorems in calculus and introduce you to the basic notation and concepts that will be explored later on if you do higher levels of mathematics.

------

And to contribute to this thread:

4th year Arts (English) / Adv Maths (Pure Mathematics)

williamdaft

HSC

I couldn't stand my econ teacher in year 11, hence why I dropped it. I wasn't doing that badly, in fact I was averaging 85+. I'm very unconfident in math which is the reason for not doing in year 12.
95.9 might make it, you never know.. and yeah they only take account ATAR + bonus points, oh well. If you like business, econ's not that bad. You can always do a bridging course for maths and it's not too hard ~ simple 2u maths.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

Oh god no...

I couldn't even do Year 10 math. God help my soul! I'm going to need to work hard this year :(

I struggled with basic trig, algebra, quadratics and so forth. I suck... My teachers tried really hard to find different ways of explaining but I just never got it. I might of shut off. Hopefully I survive this time.

williamdaft

HSC

Oh god no...

I couldn't even do Year 10 math. God help my soul! I'm going to need to work hard this year :(

I struggled with basic trig, algebra, quadratics and so forth. I suck... My teachers tried really hard to find different ways of explaining but I just never got it. I might of shut off. Hopefully I survive this time.
You can do it!!! Understanding and applying formulas, practice practice practice... that's all what maths is about.. just keep practising!

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

You can do it!!! Understanding and applying formulas, practice practice practice... that's all what maths is about.. just keep practising!
Thanks! I really hope it clicks this time because... Well I have to pay for it this time. I went to one of those schools eligible for EAS & HSC Plus, I wonder if that will scrape me through. Fingers crossed. I'll probably post if I make it in. If not, well... I'll just be posting about my sadness and potential future in economics. Whoop whoop.

williamdaft

HSC

Thanks! I really hope it clicks this time because... Well I have to pay for it this time. I went to one of those schools eligible for EAS & HSC Plus, I wonder if that will scrape me through. Fingers crossed. I'll probably post if I make it in. If not, well... I'll just be posting about my sadness and potential future in economics. Whoop whoop.
All the best :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

What commerce major are you looking at? Some of them don't even need all that much maths.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

What commerce major are you looking at? Some of them don't even need all that much maths.
I gravitating towards a double major. At the moment I stuck between accounting, business law and human resources. I already work at an accounting firm and they were going to start giving me basic accounting work.

To be honest, I want to go into a job that requires a degree of business case type writing. I wish I could do all three!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)