UNSW AAA Question (1 Viewer)

Pyrobooby

HSC
I obtained an ATAR of 96.70 and I was also nominated at my school for the AAA at UNSW.

Now, on the letter, it says I am guaranteed an offer (except medicine) provided that my selection rank is within 5 points of the published cut-offs.

Does this mean I can basically get into any course offered at UNSW except medicine?

I was hoping for medicine, but now Combined Science/Law seems rather appealing.

halapenyo

HSC
i think law is also exempt from bonus points but im not sure. also dont just do a course because you can. the guy who topped physics and 4U at my school got 99.7+ but he ended up doing electrical engineering because he is passionate about it.

UNSW

HSC
N/A
Dear Pyrobooby,

My name is Jenna and I am a Student Information Officer at UNSW Student Recruitment.

With a AAA Scholarship and your ATAR of 96.70 you will be eligible for a position in the UNSW Combine Law/Science program.

Congratulations!

Kind regards,

Jenna

mirakon

nigga
HSC
^^^lol they made an account just for one post

UNSW certainly gets kudos for dedication

Pyrobooby

HSC
I have no idea whether or not UNSW's post is legit :/ lol

mirakon

nigga
HSC
it is, i know jenna (no joke)

btw i have a question @unsw

I got an e-mail from University of Sydney offering me a scholarship for Medical Science. Naturally if I don't get an offer for Medicine from anywahere else, this will be the logical pathway. I have to let them know by January the 5th, but (correct me if I'm wrong) we get news of our admission offers later than that, in mid January. Is it possible to find out if I'm accepted to UNSW medicine earlier than the usual date to help me make my decision?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Pyrobooby

HSC
Ahh wow okay. Thank you for the confirmation Rafy, mirakon and Jenna.

So ecstatic ! Can't wait for first semester !

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
it is, i know jenna (no joke)

btw i have a question @unsw

I got an e-mail from University of Sydney offering me a scholarship for Medical Science. Naturally if I don't get an offer for Medicine from anywahere else, this will be the logical pathway. I have to let them know by January the 5th, but (correct me if I'm wrong) we get news of our admission offers later than that, in mid January. Is it possible to find out if I'm accepted to UNSW medicine earlier than the usual date to help me make my decision?

Thanks!
doubt it. but u will definitely get offers from at least one of the other Go8 unis (UQ, monash, adelaide, UWA) . doing 5/6 years of med is definitely better than minimum of 7 (which isnt even guaranteed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)