UNSW AAA scholarship question -Law (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I got it as we'll
As an international student, I get extra 5 bonus mark which means an ATAR of 89.65

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
I got it as we'll
As an international student, I get extra 5 bonus mark which means an ATAR of 89.65
LOL me too engineering for international student is like 88
And i got AAA, which mean i only need 83 atar to get in the course XD

MiPh

HSC
I missed the AAA by a hair. Well, there's nothing more liberating then being second right? RIGHT?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
So do we get an email or something?

Bec Johnston

HSC
Advanced science/law here i come!!! Haha there was no way I was getting 99.65+

2xL

HSC
I too will be using this method to get into law LOL

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
So you guys are saying if I get 94.65, whilst holding the aaa scholarship, I am guaranteed entry into unsw commerce/law? :D
Not quite. Assuming the cut off is 99.65 then yes 94.65 + AAA will get you in. However, if it goes up then you need a bit more :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
so basically the dux of each school gets +5 points plus some cash?

and are these people guaranteed the spot? ie i would imagine theres a truckload of 95-99 duxes at normal high schools. do they all get into comm/law?

how does this make sense in the grand scheme of things? i thought we have a merit system - if someone got 95, thats a 95 and you wait until the people who ranked higher than you pick their courses.
i dont see how being dux means they should get +5? is it saying that being in a shit school is a disadvantage? im confused.

inJust

HSC
so basically the dux of each school gets +5 points plus some cash?

and are these people guaranteed the spot? ie i would imagine theres a truckload of 95-99 duxes at normal high schools. do they all get into comm/law?

how does this make sense in the grand scheme of things? i thought we have a merit system - if someone got 95, thats a 95 and you wait until the people who ranked higher than you pick their courses.
i dont see how being dux means they should get +5? is it saying that being in a shit school is a disadvantage? im confused.
I think that's saying dux in a good school, you'll get 99 anyway and you won't need it. So that kind of rules out the bonus points anyway cos the majority of duxes in the top 150 schools should be 99.6+ anyway.
However, for the rest of the schools, if they got dux and was only 95, that kind of says that they had a shit cohort (no offense) and it was probably a hindrance to them in some way - may it be not being able to improve ones notes with other peoples notes cos other peoples notes are crap or yeah. And usually, these kids get disadvantaged points anyway and would get in without the AAA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)