UNSW Actuarial Studies/Comp Sci Vs MQ Actuarial Studies/Information Technology and other UNSW CO-OP courses (1 Viewer)

Vxmp07

HSC
Hi guys,

Basically im in year 12 right now and just wanted to ask about the difference between UNSW Actuarial Studies/Comp Sci Vs MQ Actuarial Studies/Information Technology. I currently attend a selective school and do 2u/3u maths, phys chem economics and eng adv. I just wanted to ask in general whether I would be able to do well in the actuarial degree as a whole. I do like maths and I'm top for 2u and avg for 3u. I didn't do 4u so that's why I'm not sure whether I'm good for the degree. Otherwise, I just wanted to ask about the chances of getting unsw co-op for software engineering, like is it really competitive, I have a lot of extra curriculars and I should be getting an atar between 96 and 98. Thanks

wollongong warrior

HSC
Of course coop is really competitive especially one for an engineering degree lol
It's basically a full ride scholarship plus a guaranteed internship (albeit not a good one from what I've heard)
You gotta be outstanding in both extracurriculars and academics, and not to sound discouraging but I'm not even sure a 98 atar could get you a solid shot

idkkdi

HSC
Hi guys,

Basically im in year 12 right now and just wanted to ask about the difference between UNSW Actuarial Studies/Comp Sci Vs MQ Actuarial Studies/Information Technology. I currently attend a selective school and do 2u/3u maths, phys chem economics and eng adv. I just wanted to ask in general whether I would be able to do well in the actuarial degree as a whole. I do like maths and I'm top for 2u and avg for 3u. I didn't do 4u so that's why I'm not sure whether I'm good for the degree. Otherwise, I just wanted to ask about the chances of getting unsw co-op for software engineering, like is it really competitive, I have a lot of extra curriculars and I should be getting an atar between 96 and 98. Thanks
i would expect unsw to have harder exams/assignments. there probably has been people whove done well in actuarial without 4u. it varies person to person. coop is competitive, and lots of applicants will be in the 99s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)