UNSW and UWS dilemma! (1 Viewer)

berrybee95

HSC
Today I enrolled at the University of Western Sydney with an early offer I received to study Bachelor of Communication. Originally, I wanted to study the comms course at UTS as it's renowned to be the best there but my ATAR , which was 72, didn't meet their 89 ATAR . So I enrolled at UWS with a plan to go there for a year and then transfer to the course at UTS. But now I've realised with 5 extra bonus points, which i will probably get as I am eligible for the Educational Access Scheme, I can get in to Bachelor of Arts at UNSW. I was thinking that maybe I should go there if i do get an offer and transfer internally to their Media and communications course? Would love your opinions! Should I just stick to UWS?

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Today I enrolled at the University of Western Sydney with an early offer I received to study Bachelor of Communication. Originally, I wanted to study the comms course at UTS as it's renowned to be the best there but my ATAR , which was 72, didn't meet their 89 ATAR . So I enrolled at UWS with a plan to go there for a year and then transfer to the course at UTS. But now I've realised with 5 extra bonus points, which i will probably get as I am eligible for the Educational Access Scheme, I can get in to Bachelor of Arts at UNSW. I was thinking that maybe I should go there if i do get an offer and transfer internally to their Media and communications course? Would love your opinions! Should I just stick to UWS?
Choose a course that you really want, just incase you do not perform well enough to transfer. In other words, stick with the UWS Communications because if you screw up, at least you are stuck in the course you really want.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, UWS Comm is probs as good as UNSW Arts (or better) and your competition to get high marks won't be fierce ^_^

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
in my opinion, you should take bachelor of arts at UNSW.
transferring internally is usually MUCH easier than transferring universities. it is a long process.
yes there will be competition but you will have a higher chance of being employed.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
in my opinion, you should take bachelor of arts at UNSW.
transferring internally is usually MUCH easier than transferring universities. it is a long process.
yes there will be competition but you will have a higher chance of being employed.
But they wouldn't be transferring internally???

UNSW and UTS are not the same uni ~~~

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Also on the topic of internal transfers, at UTS internal transfers only exist for inter faculty transfers unfortunately.

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
But they wouldn't be transferring internally???

UNSW and UTS are not the same uni ~~~
so she was saying she could transfer internally to UNSW's media and communications course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)