UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

You will get used to the UNSW topography with time.

ml125

HSC

Had to go there for two weeks last year for one of their programs. Stairs are a trek but I got used to it so if I could do it you can too :D I'm as unfit as you can get so.. :p :haha:

Flop21

HSC

Why are tutors so bad

and who actually are they? Are they all just uni students from above years?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Why are tutors so bad

and who actually are they? Are they all just uni students from above years?
Basically anyone studying math from higher years or masters/Ph.D. Regardless of marks

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

i wish

i'd love to tutor legit
They normally advertise on the school website. Like last month they were hiring casual tutors/lab demonstrators for physics. But yeah, most of them are honours/master/PhD students.

If you are majoring in a subject however, look up Nura Gili Indigenous tutor scheme. It's pretty good pay as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

They normally advertise on the school website. Like last month they were hiring casual tutors/lab demonstrators for physics. But yeah, most of them are honours/master/PhD students.

If you are majoring in a subject however, look up Nura Gili Indigenous tutor scheme. It's pretty good pay as well.
Yeah I was going to do Nura Gili but then apparently you need to sit through a 4 hour lecture on cultural inclusiveness or something

ceebs

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah I was going to do Nura Gili but then apparently you need to sit through a 4 hour lecture on cultural inclusiveness or something

ceebs
Ouch, I didn't know that. Appears in your AHEGS when you graduate though! And it's a nice way to help indigenous students :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Ouch, I didn't know that. Appears in your AHEGS when you graduate though! And it's a nice way to help indigenous students :p
ehhh I already have some AHEGS stuff

I like helping people as a general rule, but if they want me to sit through a four hour lecture on nothing before I can start work, then thanks but no thanks

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Lol, my maths1131 tutor doesnt even explain things.

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

ehhh I already have some AHEGS stuff

I like helping people as a general rule, but if they want me to sit through a four hour lecture on nothing before I can start work, then thanks but no thanks
Fair enough :p If I knew there was 4 hours worth of cultural immersion- might rethink it haha.

Random question- do employers even look at AHEGS?O_O

:p We have practical classes with tutors as well and 90% of them are really bad haha. Just go there for attendance xD

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Fair enough :p If I knew there was 4 hours worth of cultural immersion- might rethink it haha.

Random question- do employers even look at AHEGS?O_O

:p We have practical classes with tutors as well and 90% of them are really bad haha. Just go there for attendance xD
Can you leave after they mark attendance?

Flop21

HSC

So is mine. Not a bad person, just a bad teacher. Like they mumble and just go "so this.....'scribbles on board'.....then umm... 'scribbles on board'. No explanation or teaching at all.

Kind of annoying because we have to be there. Also makes the dude I had for the bridging course look awesome (he actually spoke out loud while teaching).

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

So is mine. Not a bad person, just a bad teacher. Like they mumble and just go "so this.....'scribbles on board'.....then umm... 'scribbles on board'. No explanation or teaching at all.

Kind of annoying because we have to be there. Also makes the dude I had for the bridging course look awesome (he actually spoke out loud while teaching).
By chance did you have your tut today?

Flop21

HSC

Hahahaha, glad I'm not the only one who silently freaked out when my tutor started to 'teach'. I couldn't even hear my tutor. I felt like I was deaf.

I wish we could have known who our tutors were when picking tutorials so we could have picked a good one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)