UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

O. I never worked with them before :p Can imagine the frustration though.

My friends and I were joking the other day on how for every 'ten rows of people' you pass by on the main walkway, 8/10 rows sound like they are students from china XD
it's true

Have you seen that Taiwanese society alll the time in the quad, I assume there's a lot of them too

How did they get in without some decent fluency in english? GL to those doing comp1917 where we get marked on diary entries
our microbiology lecturer only marks our english when we write any discussions or report riperino

Flop21

HSC

where are the best toilets and are they open after hours/late??

Flop21

HSC

when do echo lectures get uploaded?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

other good toilets you won't have access to

-Senpai

HSC

Not sure why people are complaining about international students, they seem pretty cool to me

In my MGMT lecture I saw five of them in front of me playing a game of LoL

-Senpai

HSC

Usually at the end of the week when all lectures have been completed

However, despite lecturers having to record the audio, it is up to them as to whether they upload it to moodle or not; they don't upload it for MGMT

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

Out of curiosity, does Law have the same issues with international students?

-Senpai

HSC

It's more in relation to subjects like Commerce, Maths and Science

What I've noticed with law is people getting in with ATARs significantly below the required amount (They're really lenient with bonus points for comm/law degrees now) o_O

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Not sure why people are complaining about international students, they seem pretty cool to me

bruh you haven't done a group assignment yet

Usually later that same day or the next day

No because if you don't know english and ur doing law u basically won't pass anything lol

it's more the commerce/comp sci/engineering fields that have these problems. They have a LOT of group work and it's hard when 3 out of 5 group members can't speak english.

Read this it's hilarious and very relatable

https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfMelbourneConfessions/posts/898541826920649

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Oh yeah and first hand experience, I saw an intoe student answer an essay question. Their reference was a YAHOO ANSWERS website with the same question and was completely in chinese. Then they also referenced google translate LMAO.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

Oh yeah and first hand experience, I saw an intoe student answer an essay question. Their reference was a YAHOO ANSWERS website with the same question and was completely in chinese. Then they also referenced google translate LMAO.
I presume you didn't out them?

I mean, you're still breathing and all your internal organs are presumably intact so...

Yeah.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Who the fk does that ahahah. Uniwide is great for lol though 9 pin on 3 bar connection

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A

MMAN2400, MMAN3200, ELEC2141 and MATH2089

from what I've heard around this seems like a pretty average semester and shouldn't be any reason why I can't do at least average-ish let alone fails
I dunno, maybe it's cause I'm a crap student but I struggled with 3200 and 2089. 2400 is alright to pass tho but kinda hard to do really well in. 2089 is tedious with stats and annoying with learning Matlab.

3200, maybe it was cause I got side tracked by other things but I getting way too familiar with this course.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

I dunno, maybe it's cause I'm a crap student but I struggled with 3200 and 2089. 2400 is alright to pass tho but kinda hard to do really well in. 2089 is tedious with stats and annoying with learning Matlab.

3200, maybe it was cause I got side tracked by other things but I getting way too familiar with this course.
from what I've heard 3200 is alright people over estimate the difficulty of it and get discouraged by doing so. I think I should be alright for that it looks basically like 2019. Stats so far is alright matlab is pretty interesting and useful (since we use it in pretty much every course now 2500, 3500...) so it's a pretty nice easy gentle start to it. past people who done it underestimated the difficulty and neglected the subject so I will be trying to stay on top of it (after I do the matlab quiz that is due tomrrow lel)

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Can someone help me out and tell me why <8,0,1> is wrong for vector g?

CAuse fg=g-f so fg+f=g but apparently that is not right. Maple gg

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A

from what I've heard 3200 is alright people over estimate the difficulty of it and get discouraged by doing so. I think I should be alright for that it looks basically like 2019. Stats so far is alright matlab is pretty interesting and useful (since we use it in pretty much every course now 2500, 3500...) so it's a pretty nice easy gentle start to it. past people who done it underestimated the difficulty and neglected the subject so I will be trying to stay on top of it (after I do the matlab quiz that is due tomrrow lel)
Yea, guess they're aren't super hard course and last year in 3200, Zoran just used those big tutorial questions in the test and mid sem. Seems like it's an easy course to pass but I never got my head around some parts of it.

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A

Yea, guess they're aren't super hard course and last year in 3200, Zoran just used those big tutorial questions in the test and mid sem. Seems like it's an easy course to pass but I never got my head around some parts of it.

D94

HSC
N/A

Can someone help me out and tell me why <8,0,1> is wrong for vector g?

CAuse fg=g-f so fg+f=g but apparently that is not right. Maple gg
G is a point (not a vector), so you need to write it in a point form, i.e. using [ ], not using <> since that is for a vector.

HSC
Uni Grad

Tbh I've worked with mainlanders, most of them genuinely want to do the work but they have difficulty coz of language barriers and the fact that they've never learned this stuff before.

But out of all the experiences I've had the vast majority of them were positive. My only negative one was that one barely did any work but that's coz of language issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)