UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

In the purple calc book, on page xv, it says that only chapters 1-3 get assessed in Test 1.
The past papers for test one seem to be only testing chapter 1 and 2 though. Not even all of chap 2 as well.

qweqwe

HSC

The past papers for test one seem to be only testing chapter 1 and 2 though. Not even all of chap 2 as well.
On S1 2010 Test 1 V7b, there is one question about intermediate value theorem which is in Ch3. So, I'll just read over all of ch1-3 just to be safe.

Flop21

HSC

On S1 2010 Test 1 V7b, there is one question about intermediate value theorem which is in Ch3. So, I'll just read over all of ch1-3 just to be safe.
Oh true. Well let's hope and pray they just focus on chapter 1 like the past papers do :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

When your timetable says thesis what do you do during them?
he works on his thesis lol
^ yeah that

Basically involves me sitting in the Honours Room at my desk looking at mathematical papers or books, trying to figure out problems I need to solve, or just getting a grasp of wtf I'm actually doing

leehuan

HSC

I know that I have to declare a major at some point during degree, but is it necessary to declare at least one, by second year, first semester or can i even declare it in 3rd year. Again, thanks so much , queenroot, i really appreciate your help.
Some like my maths degree are 3rd year so you might want to check for your own degree
^ yeah that

Basically involves me sitting in the Honours Room at my desk looking at mathematical papers or books, trying to figure out problems I need to solve, or just getting a grasp of wtf I'm actually doing
Fair enough

What are you doing? (Well if you don't want to disclose it in case plagiarism that's fine)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Some like my maths degree are 3rd year so you might want to check for your own degree

Fair enough

What are you doing? (Well if you don't want to disclose it in case plagiarism that's fine)
maffs

Since you're a 15-er, I don't know how much maffs you know but like... it's in the field of number theory. (if you want me to expand, let me know - i just don't know how much you know about it)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I know that I have to declare a major at some point during degree, but is it necessary to declare at least one, by second year, first semester or can i even declare it in 3rd year. Again, thanks so much , queenroot, i really appreciate your help.
yeah well I'm going off my science dgeree, so not sure about yours. Look in the handbook it usually says when to declare.

leehuan

HSC

maffs

Since you're a 15-er, I don't know how much maffs you know but like... it's in the field of number theory. (if you want me to expand, let me know - i just don't know how much you know about it)
Probably not too much but if you don't mind expanding a bit more would be nice. Maybe just into what area within number theory?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Probably not too much but if you don't mind expanding a bit more would be nice. Maybe just into what area within number theory?
Pseudorandom number generation

do you know what a finite field is???

parad0xica

HSC
N/A

SD, when are you going to get braces?

leehuan

HSC

Pseudorandom number generation

do you know what a finite field is???
Can I take it literally? A field that has a discrete/measurable number of elements?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Can I take it literally? A field that has a discrete/measurable number of elements?
Yeah pretty much

maybe have a read on wikipedia about them

Mr_Kap

HSC

midesemester break over.
Now i need to wake up early again. :(

Occupied

HSC
N/A

yeah well I'm going off my science dgeree, so not sure about yours. Look in the handbook it usually says when to declare.
Hey Queenroot (just posting this here cuz your inbox is full),

Just another question in regards to the reflective essay- how many references would the average student be expected to put in? Just because other than the primary and secondary article being addressed in the essay and some definitions, I can't think of anything else to put in. And it seems to be an awfully small list ahaha

Thanks again :)

leehuan

HSC

How do people cope with 9am stuff... I wake up at 8 :)

StudiousStudent

HSC

Out of curiosity, do you think that the LAT test will make it easier or harder to get into UNSW law?

I was considering UNSW law, but I don't want to apply if it's going to be easy to get into.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Hey Queenroot (just posting this here cuz your inbox is full),

Just another question in regards to the reflective essay- how many references would the average student be expected to put in? Just because other than the primary and secondary article being addressed in the essay and some definitions, I can't think of anything else to put in. And it seems to be an awfully small list ahaha

Thanks again :)
woops okoay I'll empty it

Since it's a reflective essay it's probably okay not to have too many references

But usually 11 is a good min number

How do people cope with 9am stuff... I wake up at 8 :)
don't even cope
pretty much a walking zombie in the morning

HSC
Uni Grad

I usually cbf going to my 9am starts as thankfully they aren't compulsory. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)