UNSW chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

Well you will miss out on some of the most powerful features unless you do control or signal processing engineering.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

Well you will miss out on some of the most powerful features unless you do control or signal processing engineering.
MATLAB isn't suited for pure symbolic evaluation though... Most of the stuff requires actual numbers to do anything...

At least that's what my friend tells me, because I asked him to run a product of n terms and he said it couldn't be done by MATLAB.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

You can do it however you would be better off using a matrix and supplying arguments.

Tell him to use

syms x

Mr_Kap

HSC

Thoughts on Uni right now;

General: I'm over this shit and I still have pretty much 5 years to go. Don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore.

Scif1121: Fully hectic, tutorials are so chill, and much banter occurs. Pretty weirdass subject and wish I didn't have to do it but all good. Have two group assignments due but whatever, im not worried.

Chem1031: Am gonna skip lectures now that I realised i dont understand anything in the actual lectures. I find I understand if I read the lecture notes and write notes at my own pace. Labs are fun i guess if it wasnt for the fact they are from 9-11 am on Monday morning, and the fact that we are rushing like a million miles and hour to finish and answer all the lab questions in time. The lecture content is absolutely fucked the first time you see it, but other than that, and the fact everyone calls it a WAM killer, its a decent and interesting course.

Comp1917

Ah. Finally. This subject. I enjoy it a lot, but recently I really cbf anymore. The blogging used to be annoying but it's standard foe me now so that's good. Its good we dont have to go to any lectures, and I can watch the 4 yr old lectures on 2x speed. The activites just suddenly got random this week though and the 8005 wondrous activity this week, involving writing a program in machine code that refers to a function. Yep, couldnt be bothered. I still have until Sunday but I doubt I'll do anymore. Am struggling to think of a skill I can do for my something awesome part of my portfolio but I'll figure something out. So far an annoying but enjoyable course.

Math1131:
Yep. Hate maths. Hate Maple. Hate online tutorials. Hate Calculus. Algebra's cool. It's really easy to fall behind. Confirmed ive done 0 tutorial questions. My Lectures though are both at 9 to 11 am for me, so I don't go to them anymore.

leehuan

HSC

General: I'm over this shit and I still have pretty much 5 years to go. Don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore.

Scif1121: Fully hectic, tutorials are so chill, and much banter occurs. Pretty weirdass subject and wish I didn't have to do it but all good. Have two group assignments due but whatever, im not worried.

Chem1031: Am gonna skip lectures now that I realised i dont understand anything in the actual lectures. I find I understand if I read the lecture notes and write notes at my own pace. Labs are fun i guess if it wasnt for the fact they are from 9-11 am on Monday morning, and the fact that we are rushing like a million miles and hour to finish and answer all the lab questions in time. The lecture content is absolutely fucked the first time you see it, but other than that, and the fact everyone calls it a WAM killer, its a decent and interesting course.

Comp1917

Ah. Finally. This subject. I enjoy it a lot, but recently I really cbf anymore. The blogging used to be annoying but it's standard foe me now so that's good. Its good we dont have to go to any lectures, and I can watch the 4 yr old lectures on 2x speed. The activites just suddenly got random this week though and the 8005 wondrous activity this week, involving writing a program in machine code that refers to a function. Yep, couldnt be bothered. I still have until Sunday but I doubt I'll do anymore. Am struggling to think of a skill I can do for my something awesome part of my portfolio but I'll figure something out. So far an annoying but enjoyable course.

Math1131:
Yep. Hate maths. Hate Maple. Hate online tutorials. Hate Calculus. Algebra's cool. It's really easy to fall behind. Confirmed ive done 0 tutorial questions. My Lectures though are both at 9 to 11 am for me, so I don't go to them anymore.
Tutorials are cool. But whoever thought a disgusting 8000 word report with a 20min speech was a good idea for the lecture streams can honestly.....*********

I'm going to get a credit in SCIF1121 because of it.

And stop procrastinating and actually do your homework. I'm not the biggest fan of maths either myself atm.

mreditor16

HSC

ACTL2131 midsem RIP

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Embrace the struggle. You'll learn a lot out of it.

Just keep your head up high and persist through it all. Make sure you don't completely neglect a course though

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Comp1917

Math1131:
there is a subject review thread

Flop21

HSC

Comp1917

Math1131:
That 8004 half function though (haven't even looked at wondrous). Took me hours.... still haven't got it working, just got a bug to fix.

This week there's been way too many things due in comp1917.

Also can someone teach me how to like algebra. Literally everyone I talk to likes algebra and finds it good vs calculus. But I'm the complete opposite. I can't seem to wrap my head around algebra.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

It's okay.

Post a thread with what types of questions you are struggling with and others will answer for you and try to help you out.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Tutorials are cool. But whoever thought a disgusting 8000 word report with a 20min speech was a good idea for the lecture streams can honestly.....*********

I'm going to get a credit in SCIF1121 because of it.

And stop procrastinating and actually do your homework. I'm not the biggest fan of maths either myself atm.
Mate, a credit is not even bad. Try elec1111 then come on bos and complain about how hard it is to get a pass.

leehuan

HSC

Mate, a credit is not even bad. Try elec1111 then come on bos and complain about how hard it is to get a pass.
After going through (a specific phase of) HSC physics, there is a reason why I am not doing engineering.

Flop21

HSC

After going through (a specific phase of) HSC physics, there is a reason why I am not doing engineering.
Apparently uni physics is nothing like HSC physics, it's pretty much all calculations apparently.

My lecturer says it's annoying because it turns people off who would like uni physics, and attracts those who have the wrong idea about it.

leehuan

HSC

Apparently uni physics is nothing like HSC physics, it's pretty much all calculations apparently.

My lecturer says it's annoying because it turns people off who would like uni physics, and attracts those who have the wrong idea about it.
Oh no I would've done advanced science happily over engineering... I just then decided I wanted to become an actuary

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Damn, I should have been using Joe Wolfe's notes the whole time. They are vastly superior to Web's.

On another note, is anyone interested in forming a group aimed at answering 1131 physic quizzes? They are bound to get harder in the future and it would seem advantageous to make a collaborative attempt.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Damn, I should have been using Joe Wolfe's notes the whole time. They are vastly superior to Web's.

On another note, is anyone interested in forming a group aimed at answering 1131 physic quizzes? They are bound to get harder in the future and it would seem advantageous to make a collaborative attempt.
yeah sure can I join

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I've found uni is a lot nicer with things to do and people to meet

for instance, i had lunch with my bestest favourite white female scisoc camper in the past week

we tried to figure out whether we could eat 20 chicken mcnuggets

the answer: we both can.

leehuan

HSC

I've found uni is a lot nicer with things to do and people to meet

for instance, i had lunch with my bestest favourite white female scisoc camper in the past week

we tried to figure out whether we could eat 20 chicken mcnuggets

the answer: we both can.
Please. That's not even hard

Flop21

HSC

It's so hard to organise things at uni, like how do you become closer to people at uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)