• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW chit chat thread (6 Viewers)

leehuan

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

Really? Thanks for filling that in
Yeah I thought that it was 5% as well but nah the course outline did state best 3 out of 4 so it's like every 6.666666.....%

I honestly would've rathered getting the 10s earlier than dropping a casual 0 though

leehuan

HSC

So I had the biggest laugh ever in my maths lecture today for MATH1151.

(If you read my subject reviews you'll know who I'm talking about)

My calculus lecturer likes to slot in a maths trivia at half-time as a brain break for all of us or something, and today he was talking about the Australian Mathematical Society. He mentioned that at the opening ceremony there is always a special medal for someone under 40 who has consistently published excellent research papers or something. And in 2015 apparently it was won by some guy who wrote the best Ph. D that year at ANU.

And in 2014... apparently it was my algebra lecturer and he made it sound so mundane and the entire class of 200 or so just cracked up laughing.

D94

HSC
N/A

And in 2014... apparently it was my algebra lecturer and he made it sound so mundane and the entire class of 200 or so just cracked up laughing.
It's called a humble brag.

D94

HSC
N/A

No, he was saying my algebra lecturer did lol
oh i see now, i completely forgot that calculus and algebra were split up so that completely went over my head lol

photastic

HSC

So I had the biggest laugh ever in my maths lecture today for MATH1151.

(If you read my subject reviews you'll know who I'm talking about)

My calculus lecturer likes to slot in a maths trivia at half-time as a brain break for all of us or something, and today he was talking about the Australian Mathematical Society. He mentioned that at the opening ceremony there is always a special medal for someone under 40 who has consistently published excellent research papers or something. And in 2015 apparently it was won by some guy who wrote the best Ph. D that year at ANU.

If you ever bothered searching up your algebra lecturer, his list of publications and rewards are ridiculous for his age.

photastic

HSC

Feels when your lecturer in charge scales up your marks.

leehuan

HSC

If you ever bothered searching up your algebra lecturer, his list of publications and rewards are ridiculous for his age.
I did actually last night. It was quite amazing tbh.

Too bad his lectures are somewhat monotonous. I'm mostly paying attention right now cause I love vectors more than matrices easily

leehuan

HSC

Was reading through the subject reviews but the more recent ones weren't enough for me to make an informed decision so I'm going to ask a question here instead.

I plan to do one of the following two next sem, and the other in summer term.

Q1. What are the difficulty spikes in sem 2/summer term relative to sem 1 that people talk about?
Q2. Which one should I pick for what:

- ACCT1511
- ECON1102

mreditor16

HSC

Was reading through the subject reviews but the more recent ones weren't enough for me to make an informed decision so I'm going to ask a question here instead.

I plan to do one of the following two next sem, and the other in summer term.

Q1. What are the difficulty spikes in sem 2/summer term relative to sem 1 that people talk about?
Q2. Which one should I pick for what:

- ACCT1511
- ECON1102
I know nothing about how these courses are in summer term. But from what I've heard, these courses are basically the same in both semesters. However, I would advise against doing business school subjects in summer term, unless you're willing to pay $4170 per subject (https://student.unsw.edu.au/summer-fees)

leehuan

HSC

I know nothing about how these courses are in summer term. But from what I've heard, these courses are basically the same in both semesters. However, I would advise against doing business school subjects in summer term, unless you're willing to pay $4170 per subject (https://student.unsw.edu.au/summer-fees)
What the. Is summer term really just an excuse for UNSW to generate money?

1 course at the cost of 4...

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC

What the. Is summer term really just an excuse for UNSW to generate money?

1 course at the cost of 4...
The exorbitant fees charged in Summer Term are only for Business School subjects. Other faculties charge normal fees for the subjects taught in summer term.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

The exorbitant fees charged in Summer Term are only for Business School subjects. Other faculties charge normal fees for the subjects taught in summer term.
oddly fitting

Mr_Kap

HSC

I don't think he tried, he said it was going to be his one that didn't count anyway, so he wrote random crap haha.
Yeh ahaha. It was funny, my tutor had a good laugh from it after he asked me if i was serious or not and I said I was bs'ing this test.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

And you can also defer them to HECS

so if ur part of the business school and want to do a gen ed, summer is the ideal time imo

parad0xica

HSC
N/A

I love the sandwiches @ mech eng / ainsworth cafe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)