UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

no actually he got 99, unless they've changed it
Did you have to draw the mine plan at the end of the paper for 2 mines (longwall, sub-level stoping and block caving)? It's worth like 20 marks each.

There was also this bs question where you had to name the major states for copper, iron, uranium... up to 6 minerals. There's no way anyone got that.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Did you have to draw the mine plan at the end of the paper for 2 mines (longwall, sub-level stoping and block caving)? It's worth like 20 marks each.

There was also this bs question where you had to name the major states for copper, iron, uranium... up to 6 minerals. There's no way anyone got that.
when I did it, the questions were (literally) "what is a mineral" "define hazard" (5 marks) and something about the gold rush

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

when I did it, the questions were (literally) "what is a mineral" "define hazard" (5 marks) and something about the gold rush
fk, semester 2 people get lucky. 80% of the exam was based on lecture material, which is why I thought you got wrecked. The other 20% was random info you would never think to research. The exam was out of 120 marks.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

fk, semester 2 people get lucky. 80% of the exam was based on lecture material, which is why I thought you got wrecked. The other 20% was random info you would never think to research. The exam was out of 120 marks.
our one was like 50 marks

Mr_Kap

HSC

tfw when you have a comp1917 resume due on Sunday and you haven't even started. And you still need to write blogs about the last two assignmnets (mechanical turk, knowledge island, mandelbrot), and write 2 module reflection blogs still, and only just started the "something awesome" component so wont finish, and havent done a code review yet, and havent passed the prac test yet, and havent started studying for the comp final exam yet. And then you have a math final exam on the 10th and you havent done any math questions all semester apart from the practice class tests and the class tests, and you don't even know how to integrate or what the hell a matrice is. And then you have a scif task due friday,,but your lab mark is good for chem....but then you question whether you want to drop out of uni everyday.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC

tfw when you have a comp1917 resume due on Sunday and you haven't even started. And you still need to write blogs about the last two assignmnets (mechanical turk, knowledge island, mandelbrot), and write 2 module reflection blogs still, and only just started the "something awesome" component so wont finish, and havent done a code review yet, and havent passed the prac test yet, and havent started studying for the comp final exam yet. And then you have a math final exam on the 10th and you havent done any math questions all semester apart from the practice class tests and the class tests, and you don't even know how to integrate or what the hell a matrice is. And then you have a scif but then you question whether you want to drop out of uni everyday.
is dis me?

My something awesome is so fucked seriously, I'm doing programming activities and he told me to do 10 easy, 10 hard, 10 medium, and I have only done 3 easy!!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

tfw when you have a comp1917 resume due on Sunday and you haven't even started. And you still need to write blogs about the last two assignmnets (mechanical turk, knowledge island, mandelbrot), and write 2 module reflection blogs still, and only just started the "something awesome" component so wont finish, and havent done a code review yet, and havent passed the prac test yet, and havent started studying for the comp final exam yet. And then you have a math final exam on the 10th and you havent done any math questions all semester apart from the practice class tests and the class tests, and you don't even know how to integrate or what the hell a matrice is. And then you have a scif but then you question whether you want to drop out of uni everyday.
Don't leave things till the last minute

Mr_Kap

HSC

gotten sick at the worst time. Masssive headache and stomache ache. and a massive flu.

Why oh why. its not like i was already behind.

leehuan

HSC

For my maths degree I have to do 6 UoC in first year computing. Technically I don't have to do it until third year so I'm not in a rush.

But I've been bombarded with tons of complaints about computing by my peers. They always talk about how programming has been given them hell. So they recommend me to do ENGG1811 when the time comes because it is the easiest of the computing courses (and yes I'm allowed to do it).

Is it true that this is the easiest?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

For my maths degree I have to do 6 UoC in first year computing. Technically I don't have to do it until third year so I'm not in a rush.

But I've been bombarded with tons of complaints about computing by my peers. They always talk about how programming has been given them hell. So they recommend me to do ENGG1811 when the time comes because it is the easiest of the computing courses (and yes I'm allowed to do it).

ENGG1811 or COMP1911 are the easiest options

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

why would you cop out

mathematicians nowadays need to learn how to code - do it properly and take COMP1917

Flop21

HSC

lame

Priestolicious

HSC

Don't do ENGG1811. If you are able to turn a PC on, you have exceeded, by at least 3 sigma, the brain power of an average engineer. With such brainpower you should actually learn computing rather than how2excel101.

leehuan

HSC
UNSW chit chat thread 2016

I would go for higher (given its within my bounds), but I refuse a WAM killer when I have alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Don't do ENGG1811. If you are able to turn a PC on, you have exceeded, by at least 3 sigma, the brain power of an average engineer. With such brainpower you should actually learn computing rather than how2excel101.
Matlab is pretty cancer though

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Does the 891 stop at Randwick Racecourse? Cuz I don't know how the fuck to get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)