UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

No I'm keen to go back to uni and start again and I have really cool courses to do this sem but I'm actually getting close to burning out.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Lol, heard from everyone that elec1111 was really hard. Should of picked engg1000 :(((((

HSC
Uni Grad

Honestly my 3 stats subjects this sem will blow my WAM. Inb4 3 supplementary exams this sem :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Honestly my 3 stats subjects this sem will blow my WAM. Inb4 3 supplementary exams this sem :(

dw you're free to study in the maffs honours room

even though judas is there

ebbygoo

HSC

So does any of you know and I know you probs don't but Ye.
Does anyone know if you were to apply for exchange sem 1 next year, for which applications close in May, will they include this semesters results in the consideration of your wam?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

So does any of you know and I know you probs don't but Ye.
Does anyone know if you were to apply for exchange sem 1 next year, for which applications close in May, will they include this semesters results in the consideration of your wam?
From experience I believe it's up until the time of application. Shouldn't matter too much either way, unless you're worried because you just made the cutoff but you're scared this sem your wam could get destroyed.

mreditor16

HSC

O week freebies this year are absolutely terrible (in comparison to last year's at least)

ebbygoo

HSC

From experience I believe it's up until the time of application. Shouldn't matter too much either way, unless you're worried because you just made the cutoff but you're scared this sem your wam could get destroyed.
Otherwise around actually haha. WAM atm 72, the uni I'm looking at has ranged from 70-75 based off the cutoff guide, but I know I can boost my WAM this sem haha so was hoping they would take it into consideration lol. Its the only uni I'm really keen to go to so need be I'll just wait a semester hahaha.
Where'd you exchange to >?

drainbammage

HSC

Do course packs get updated every year? Or will i be alright buying them used

Kaido

be.
HSC

Do labs run on week 1 of semester?

Flop21

HSC

Actually getting scared for uni. So many hours of actual uni, then all this homework + study for quizzes + online tutes + watching/reading material before lectures. And it's not going to be easy a couple of the subjects I'm doing, hence gotta really focus on those. Then I gotta work on top of it all.

Should I stop working and focus on uni?

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

Think it really depends! I found uni quite okay and in a away less stressful than high school (where you had to study to get into a course you really wanted!)

Perhaps get a feel of uni first and see how you find it. And how valuable work is to you (e.g financial source which is essential for your family). Most people I know work once or twice a week but not everyday (unless they are on a cadetship)

Ultimately, it's up to you! You should set aside some time for Uni work (it's all about good time management and self directed learning!)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Actually getting scared for uni. So many hours of actual uni, then all this homework + study for quizzes + online tutes + watching/reading material before lectures. And it's not going to be easy a couple of the subjects I'm doing, hence gotta really focus on those. Then I gotta work on top of it all.

Should I stop working and focus on uni?
what kind of marks are you looking to get

Most people work and do uni it's not impossible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)