UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

I need some opinions please.

My MATH1081 (discrete maths) tutorial for next sem is stuck at 2pm on Friday
My MATH1251 tutorial can be placed at 3pm on that Friday, or 11am

(note: I do have a 12pm lecture for MATH1081 but I think it's not gonna impact decision making)

If I chuck my MATH1251 tutorial at 11am I risk potentially being late (though highly unlikely), and having to do a test feeling 20% drowsy when the test week comes. However, it comes with just the beauty of getting to go home one hour earlier as well.

If I chuck my MATH1251 tutorial at 3pm, because they might chuck a discrete maths test on the exact same day I risk having to do two tests in a row

Which one sounds more favourable?

Last edited:

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

I need some opinions please.

My MATH1081 (discrete maths) tutorial for next sem is stuck at 2pm on Friday
My MATH1251 tutorial can be placed at 3pm on that Friday, or 11am

(note: I do have a 12pm lecture for MATH1081 but I think it's not gonna impact decision making)

If I chuck my MATH1251 tutorial at 11am I risk potentially being late (though highly unlikely), and having to do a test feeling 20% drowsy when the test week comes. However, it comes with just the beauty of getting to go home one hour earlier as well.

If I chuck my MATH1251 tutorial at 3pm, because they might chuck a discrete maths test on the exact same day I risk having to do two tests in a row

Which one sounds more favourable?
i did discrete this sem and the class tests are always on the first tut u have during that week so keep that in mind

Flop21

HSC

think i actually failed comp1917 help
hahah dude theory exam killed me

went in feeling calm, after doing the first 3 questions and I start being unable to do the rest I freaked out

leehuan

HSC

i did discrete this sem and the class tests are always on the first tut u have during that week so keep that in mind
Actually really helpful warning. Thanks

mreditor16

HSC

The amount of errors, typos and inconsistencies in today's FINS1613 paper lmao

mreditor16

HSC

Entertain me.
Pages printed in the wrong order, which matters when you're filling out your answers on the MC 'fill in the bubbles' sheet.

Being told by the exam supervisors to change one of the answers, which gives away that's the correct answer.

Errors in the formulae provided on the formulae sheet

Questions not having sufficient information to be answered and, hence, such lengthy information being read out by supervisors.

Several typos and mistakes in regard to grammar and expression.

Many answers not being correct e.g. says billion instead of million, wrong number of zeros

ebbygoo

HSC

The amount of errors, typos and inconsistencies in today's FINS1613 paper lmao
That was actually ridiculous. It was a mad distraction for like 5mins of the test. Did they not proof read it?

Also it's ridiculous we can't get extra writing paper. I ran out of space after q35 and then had to waste time rubbing it out so I could get my working down smh why not just give excess paper

How'd you go tho? I thought the non numerical mc were easy and overall it wasn't bad other than a few questions but that said I guessed a decent amount lmfao.

leehuan

HSC

Pages printed in the wrong order, which matters when you're filling out your answers on the MC 'fill in the bubbles' sheet.

Being told by the exam supervisors to change one of the answers, which gives away that's the correct answer.

Questions not having sufficient information to be answered and, hence, such lengthy information being read out by supervisors.

Many answers not being correct e.g. says billion instead of million, wrong number of zeros
HAHAHA how many times was the exam disrupted

integral95

HSC

I swear, they should give pity marks for that much error.

I remember during my complex analysis exam, there was this question that would usually take about a minute or 2 since we've seen it a lot of times, except the equation given somehow didn't work out, it wasn't until the 2nd hr of the exam that the supervisors announced the mistake.....

mreditor16

HSC

That was actually ridiculous. It was a mad distraction for like 5mins of the test. Did they not proof read it?

Also it's ridiculous we can't get extra writing paper. I ran out of space after q35 and then had to waste time rubbing it out so I could get my working down smh why not just give excess paper

How'd you go tho? I thought the non numerical mc were easy and overall it wasn't bad other than a few questions but that said I guessed a decent amount lmfao.
There was heaps of extra writing paper at the back of the booklet which had the formula sheet and annuity tables.

Yeh, I would say I felt about the same. Definitely easier than a lot of the practice questions I did, and from what I hear, much easier than previous years. Expect no/minimal scaling tbh.

HAHAHA how many times was the exam disrupted
Too often lol :p

mreditor16

HSC

I swear, they should give pity marks for that much error.

I remember during my complex analysis exam, there was this question that would usually take about a minute or 2 since we've seen it a lot of times, except the equation given somehow didn't work out, it wasn't until the 2nd hr of the exam that the supervisors announced the mistake.....
Luckily, for us, we were notified about the majority of the mistakes early on in the exam.

ebbygoo

HSC

Luckily, for us, we were notified about the majority of the mistakes early on in the exam.
Except the one with too few zeros. Took me a min to figure out what was happening Coz I did it before they announced.

And I used all the writing booklet! Could've used 3 really!

leehuan

HSC

Writing booklet? Wasn't it 45 multiple choice?

k1tkat

HSC

Wondering about the HSC plus bonus points, is the band you're in is based off the HSC exam alone or the whole course?

leehuan

HSC

4 questions a page which need considerable working
Use the question booklet and the writing space sure why not

But I guess I wouldn't know cause I don't do FINS
Wondering about the HSC plus bonus points, is the band you're in is based off the HSC exam alone or the whole course?
Obviously the whole course

Your final mark is 50% internal assessment 50% external exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)