Unsw co-op 2009 (1 Viewer)

vivien023

HSC
OK ppls.

have people looked up potential questions that they could ask and answered them?

or

are people going in with some knowledge and going to answer the questions with no prepared answers and be themselves?

Winn

HSC
=P
My parents are coming to Sydney with me, not to the briefing days though thank god.
As for the interviews, I am just going to be myself...I think it would pretty obvious to them if you memorise prepared answers. Although I do need to find out more about my courses lol.
;)I shall see you guys tomorrow!

blueberry08

HSC
My friend just said business attire, srsly!? but its only briefing day T.T

to vivien: I have looked up potential qus but havnt answered them because I don't want to sound to rehearsed, u?

vivien023

HSC
My friend just said business attire, srsly!? but its only briefing day T.T

to vivien: I have looked up potential qus but havnt answered them because I don't want to sound to rehearsed, u?
yeah same here!!

and no..just casual clothes! ! ! ! ! look FAQ on the site.

yeah...seems like my parents are going to be one of the few thens..

blueberry08

HSC
It made me more nervous coz every1 seems so smart nd leader-like ^^" Im starting to think I should have prepared more xD
okay time 2 go dig out my reports =D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^one or two wore suits but casual suits.

Okay day.

For people who haven't attended the day, here is some important info:

Marketing - 3 sponsors confirmed so far with 2 pending
Accounting - roughly 13 sponsors confirmed so far with 3 pending
Actuarial - 10 sponsors confirmed with 3 pending
BIT - like 12 confirmed with few pending
ISM - 2 confirmed with 3 pending

ISM - 1/7 chance of getting it
BIT - 1/5 chance of getting it
Actuarial - roughly 1/4 chance
*in terms of number of interviewees VS number of positions.

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
Ironic that you would calculate the probabilities of getting them after what they said today. Namu, were you sitting in the back section for the final session?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ironic that you would calculate the probabilities of getting them after what they said today. Namu, were you sitting in the back section for the final session?
lol

I don't get what you mean...@_@ Elaborate please?

And yea, I was sitting in the back section.

Thecorey0

HSC
lol

I don't get what you mean...@_@ Elaborate please?

And yea, I was sitting in the back section.
I was the white dude sitting behind you. The speaker person said that they don't like to give out specific information (like number of people shortlisted or the exact number of scholarships available) so the students can't calculate probabilites. They said it was something typical accounting and actuarial students do.

A guy from Kings recognised me from this website.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I was the white dude sitting behind you. The speaker person said that they don't like to give out specific information (like number of people shortlisted or the exact number of scholarships available) so the students can't calculate probabilites. They said it was something typical accounting and actuarial students do.

A guy from Kings recognised me from this website.
LOL! You were that guy hahahahaha. You were quite surrounded by girls right? ;) (from the top of my head)

BTW, you have a point. But since I am going to be an actuarial student, I felt that I needed to do it ;)

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
Haha~ It's somewhat annoying... I tried to recognise people from this forum and it completely and utterly failed. =.=;;; -siiiiiighs-

blueberry08

HSC
How did everyones interviews go?
I majorly stuffed up mine, especially accounting I mean what the heck is financial and management accounting xD
Time to go eat a tub of ice cream

fcqhnbaby

HSC
I majorly stuffed up mine, especially accounting I mean what the heck is financial and management accounting xD
i heard there were some obvious questions and some really NASTY questions that you have to think about

ValentinesM

HSC
i stuffed up my interview too. i finished too early, i didn't have much to say.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Okay, I am sure I would be the bottom on the list for the interviewees for ISM. I was SOOO bad that the interviewer said "You are more suited to BIT" and "Actuarial Studies interviewers are going to be keen on you". He wanted me OUT ><

Last edited:

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
I screwed up actuariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll....FML

It's like that feeling after you answer a question and you have this "that made absolutely no sense whatsoever......." sort of feeling. =.=;; Problem solving = FAIL FAIL FAIL

Yes. T_T And the worst thing is...most people came out of it grinning and smiling and feeling great... OH WELLS~ I wish them the best. ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)