UNSW Co-op (1 Viewer)

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
yeh, shortlisted for BIT and Actuarial

but thinkin more and more about it, sure u would get 60 000 buks over teh four years, but this involves like 60 weeks of Industrial placement

so doin the 3 year degree and working in the fourth wont put u behind at all financially....
congrats to all who got shortlisted :)

and re the scholarship money and working..yes in a weird way ur working for the money (and getting paid not very much) but in the end you still get money (always a plus) and the industry work experience looks awesome on your resume and gives you something to talk about during the interview.

dp624

HSC
I got a conditional offer for actuarial studies (didn't apply for anytihng else). May decline but.
It's kinda not-as-appealing if you also get the scientia as well. With scientia and a 3yr actuarial course, it's 30k and one less year.
with co-op it's 4 years for 65k (60k + 5k from scientia). which means 35k for that extra year + industry experience and what not.
i think the starting salary for actuaries is about 80k+ so it seems kinda meh

nexu

HSC
several people do scientia + co-op

seems like you are quite confident about scientia aye?

dp624

HSC
But scientia + co-op is only an extra 5k in the first year gah

nexu

HSC
I thought Scientia was only paid for the first year which would still be 25k for the first year.

For me, I like uni and would take the extra year anytime for something like co-op.

It is a lot of fun being in co-op too with camps and events and I'm sure making close friends with the other 14 or so Actuarial Co-ops.

Yes, it might not seem a lot more in terms of money but I would think it still the better option. Up to you.

dp624

HSC
Well at the co-op meeting they said that scientia is paid in half for the first year only. So it's 20,15,15,15.
Yeah i'm a bit iffy anyway, but co-op seems likemuch fun. also sort of a waste if i dont do it heh.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Well at the co-op meeting they said that scientia is paid in half for the first year only. So it's 20,15,15,15.
Yeah i'm a bit iffy anyway, but co-op seems likemuch fun. also sort of a waste if i dont do it heh.
what the hell is scientia? Is this a scholarship for science nerds?

dp624

HSC
Scientia is the auto-scholarship for 99.90 uai people. except for med, where there are two only lawl.
and they nerf it if you get co-op

summermagic

HSC
I got shortlisted too, for ISM. So about 2 people got Conditional Offers so far on this forum.

woteva

HSC
N/A
Heya
I got a conditional offer for BIT and shortlisted for Comp Science and Software Engineering. Has anyone else gotten a conditional for BIT?

summermagic

HSC
I think the rest have abandoned BOS since school's been out lol. But i would have thought there'd be more than 3 who'd reply.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I accepted finance but UNSW called again saying got offered both actuarial and BIT. Stick with finance??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
z600 said:
I accepted finance but UNSW called again saying got offered both actuarial and BIT. Stick with finance??
Wow, congratulation. And yeah, stick to finance. I think finance looks more appealing. :p

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
my 'shortlist' for BIT was upgraded to conditional offer on friday, but i rejected it - not interested

seriously, BIT must get the most rejections, which is why they shortlist so many people!

dp624

HSC
Oh yea, i rejected my co-op. As a consequence a good friend of mine got it (fine maybe it wasn't specifically my rejection but yea). I'm really happy for him

diana169

HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Oh yea, i rejected my co-op. As a consequence a good friend of mine got it (fine maybe it wasn't specifically my rejection but yea). I'm really happy for him
Why did you decline your offer? Not interested?
I accepted my BIT coz i thought it's just too good an opportunity to miss.

sunny

meh.
HSC
BIT really exploded since when I started, its only been in the last two or three years the BIT numbers have grown.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
my 'shortlist' for BIT was upgraded to conditional offer on friday, but i rejected it - not interested

seriously, BIT must get the most rejections, which is why they shortlist so many people!
BITs have the biggest shortlist because they have the most places available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)