Unsw Current Liability (1 Viewer)

nolimits

HSC
N/A
Hey,
On myUNSW, its says my liability is 4k for this semester but the student contribution amount is 8.6k/year. What happened to the $300?
Thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
You pay per course, and each course is under a student contribution band.

So for example, Band 2 is $8613 for 1 EFTSL (full time load). Your course in that band might be 0.125 EFTSL, so you pay $1076.625 for that course.

Your fee is also made up of your Student Amenities fee ($143.00). It should show up on the fee statement.

Now, that current liability you see in myUNSW is the upfront payment amount, which takes into account a 10% discount. If you choose not to pay upfront, after the census date, it will revert back to the full amount.

So I assume you are taking 4 band 2 courses which totals $4306.5 then add the SA fee of $143, so that is $4449.5. With a 10% upfront discount, that is $4004.55. That should be your current liability up until the census date.

nolimits

HSC
N/A
You pay per course, and each course is under a student contribution band.

So for example, Band 2 is $8613 for 1 EFTSL (full time load). Your course in that band might be 0.125 EFTSL, so you pay $1076.625 for that course.

Your fee is also made up of your Student Amenities fee ($143.00). It should show up on the fee statement.

Now, that current liability you see in myUNSW is the upfront payment amount, which takes into account a 10% discount. If you choose not to pay upfront, after the census date, it will revert back to the full amount.

So I assume you are taking 4 band 2 courses which totals $4306.5 then add the SA fee of $143, so that is $4449.5. With a 10% upfront discount, that is $4004.55. That should be your current liability up until the census date.
Thanks! That helped a lot. Does the contribution change each year or does it stay the same depending when you started the course? And how do I pay the student amenities fee?

Also, when does the fee statement get released? Mine says no records found.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Thanks! That helped a lot. Does the contribution change each year or does it stay the same depending when you started the course? And how do I pay the student amenities fee?

Also, when does the fee statement get released? Mine says no records found.
they change every year. if deregulation passes everyone whose in uni after may 1st 2014 gets affected.

you pay the student amenities the same way you pay for your tuition.

HSC
so what do we need to pay for before the census date? confused/ only student amenities or the entire current liability of $4593.5

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)