UNSW Examinations FAQ (1 Viewer)

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by ezzy85
and youll have to stick to a story. either the med certificate or the late train.

the med cert is ur best option. they wont care the least if ur train was late ...

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by gman03
How to get to racecourse (e.g. Derby Centre) in the fastest and quickest way? Catching 891 does not sound very exciting - long walk, esp in the morning -> late for exam
from memory, u can get either the 391 or the 376 ...

gman03

HSC
Whoever ban drinking water during a 3 hours exam should die. I had to put up with all those coughing noises: hearing them as well as making them myself (cough cough)

Imagine: Related Examination Matrial 42: A bottle of water

sunny

meh.
HSC
Every exam room should have cups and a jug of water at the front. You can ask the examiners for it.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
they should let us use the bar up at level 4. might ease the tension abit.

gman03

HSC
Sticky, Please

Edit: Thanks sunny.

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Can someone plz clarify this for me :

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/examinations/ExaminationMaterial.html

Number Materials
0 No examination materials permitted
1 Drawing instruments permitted
2 Slide rules
3 Lecture notes
4 Molecular models
5 Special materials as indicated by a school
6 Any examination materials or books
(does not include electronic calculators, hand-held computers, mobile telephones or other communication equipment)
7 Electronic calculators -
no alphabetic keyboard and memory must be cleared
8 Texts as prescribed by a school
(unless otherwise indicated these texts must not contain annotations)
9 Hand-held computers

So, if exam is "0" - that means, no calculators are to be bought + no calculators will be provided ?

If exam is "7" - this means you are allowed to bring YOUR OWN calculator (not graphical/text storage etc etc)? Or it means that UNSW will provide the calc. for you ?

ta

gman03

HSC
Grizzly said:
Can someone plz clarify this for me :

So, if exam is "0" - that means, no calculators are to be bought + no calculators will be provided ?

If exam is "7" - this means you are allowed to bring YOUR OWN calculator (not graphical/text storage etc etc)? Or it means that UNSW will provide the calc. for you ?

ta
Judging from the fact that MATH1131 is a "0" exam and they provide calculator for you, I'll say "0" means solely "no personal calculators are to be bought" and "7" means "if you need a calculator, bring your own"

mitch_07

HSC
can u cpmplain if u had a desk which was making noise everytime u move. i told da supervisor twice and she said bad luck. it was bloody annoying

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Some nice ones will fix it for you. Some old evil cranky ones won't do anything!

Last time I went to the exam room at Mechanical Engineering, and becuase it was my first time there, I went to the door and ask "Is the first exam here Plant Ecosystem Processes?". I ask coz nothing was up in the front and I want to make sure I didn't went to the wrong pace. The old lady come out and scream at me "I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BECAUSE THEN I CAN'T DO MY WORK!!"

Gee. all she have to say was "Yes" or "no". :(

gman03

HSC
mitch_07 said:
can u cpmplain if u had a desk which was making noise everytime u move. i told da supervisor twice and she said bad luck. it was bloody annoying

You can, and make sure you mention how frustrated you are and hence not thinking properly and lead to a lower performance than you can deliver/give. The only question is i don't know who should u approach.

gman03

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Some nice ones will fix it for you. Some old evil cranky ones won't do anything!

Last time I went to the exam room at Mechanical Engineering, and becuase it was my first time there, I went to the door and ask "Is the first exam here Plant Ecosystem Processes?". I ask coz nothing was up in the front and I want to make sure I didn't went to the wrong pace. The old lady come out and scream at me "I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BECAUSE THEN I CAN'T DO MY WORK!!"

Gee. all she have to say was "Yes" or "no". :(
Hehe... reminds me of one incident where I have one of those "A-K, L-Z" exams and for the L-Z exams they allocated tables from A-J. I asked "L-Z?" and they reply "no is from A-J"... confused but cool afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)