UNSW graduates = low employment rate (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
not trying to be biased of anything, i jus wanna say that UNSW business graduates has da LOWEST employment compared to the other NSW universities for eg. UTS Usyd and Macq. Asking me why i noe, i noe dozens of UNSW biz grads that are fighting for positions in PWC, deliotte, ernst & young and etc which stand aside compare to grads at uts, usyd or macq. when gaining graduate opportunities. The employer would rather choose the grads NOT from UNSW.

so THINK again when deciding to do a degree in UNSW.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
errrmm..... r u basing this idea from just the people u know?
coz it sounds kinda pointless

santaslayer

HSC
and also, do u have any employing wualifications?...how do u come to terms/grasp that kinda idea?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yea. its says it everywhere, go look at the good universities guide it might save ur point there.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
"it says it everywhere" is not valid information, you have failed to back up your statement with fact.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think the big 4 accounting firms dig unsw actually

Nuggy

haha
unsw doesn't have a business faculty

unsw calls it commerce, business is usually associated wif uts i believe, but then again i'm not doing nefin in that field so i could be wrong

however, i can tell u that unsw is the second most recognised uni in nsw after usyd

@lbert3269

Originally posted by theone123
not trying to be biased of anything, i jus wanna say that UNSW business graduates has da LOWEST employment compared to the other NSW universities for eg. UTS Usyd and Macq. Asking me why i noe, i noe dozens of UNSW biz grads that are fighting for positions in PWC, deliotte, ernst & young and etc which stand aside compare to grads at uts, usyd or macq. when gaining graduate opportunities. The employer would rather choose the grads NOT from UNSW.

so THINK again when deciding to do a degree in UNSW.
Crap.. now he / she tells me. :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha dont worry, its bullshit

UNSW grads - according to the Good Uni's Guide 2004 has the lowest unemployment rate of all the uni's for Business degrees, and the BEST starting salary of all the uni's
so dont listen to him/her

also, according to a recent article posted in another forum - the Big4 accounting firms have hired more UNSW grads than from any other uni

these are hard facts, unlike this person's claims

nerdd

theone123 --> i agree with the others. whats the point of bringing that up and you don't have any information to back yourself up!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Any major newsagent
your local library should have a copy in reference - but if not, its at the State Library

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I sense conspiracy.., :p

yea. its says it everywhere, go look at the good universities guide it might save ur point there.
You mean the good universities guide thinks there's a business faculty in UNSW? maybe you looked at the wrong one!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
btw asqy, AGSM is a joint venture between UNSW and USYD!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hey gezz, im just repeating other ppl thoughts that have GRADUATED and yet no employment, i was been told by dozens of UNSW grads who havent yet got a job and got good grades, they have applied for around 60 positions and got in NONE of em, while they see grads for UTS, Usyd and Macq get the job before them.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i have no motive santaslayer, im just letting you people aware if u ppl graduate and GET no JOBS, dont jus come back saying i SHOULD of listened to U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)