UNSW Guaranteed Entry (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Something new that UNSW has introduced.

To quote UNSW, "Simply put, Guaranteed Entry allows us to tell you today what selection rank will guarantee you a place in a particular degree here at UNSW. Within this booklet you will find a list of those ranks along with some frequently asked questions that will provide you with more detail on what’s involved and how the ranks are calculated."

Here's the link - https://gallery.mailchimp.com/a8f413ea842f87cb70f1566f9/files/UNSW_221848_Guaranteed_Entry_web.pdf

Basically, from what I've understood, for each course, it gives a "ATAR guaranteed cut-off" which is an ATAR that if you get equal to or higher, than you will definitely receive an offer for that course!

So, if you're aiming for a certain course, then look up the respective "2016 Guaranteed Selection Rank" and it would be very useful to use that as an ATAR goal, since you know that getting that ATAR or above will guarantee you a spot in said course!

Good luck!

Last edited:

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
damn they really need more moneybags.. i mean student coming into unsw

mirachael

HSC
Wouldn't trust them. Better to get 99.95 just to be safe.

Ethicks

HSC
Except unsw has a higher cut off for the courses
And that makes it better? I declined an offer from UNSW and went with UTS. UNSW have a higher cut off and they do not even have all their degrees accredited. Time to get the elitist rubbish out of your head.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
And that makes it better? I declined an offer from UNSW and went with UTS. UNSW have a higher cut off and they do not even have all their degrees accredited. Time to get the elitist rubbish out of your head.
Oi

I never said it was better, I just said it had higher cutofffs haha

iStudent

HSC
This is kind of pointless since ATAR cutoffs don't usually fluctuate that much...
Also, did they even consider bonus points in those cutoffs?

piglet

HSC
This is kind of pointless since ATAR cutoffs don't usually fluctuate that much...
Also, did they even consider bonus points in those cutoffs?
yes they did:
What is Guaranteed Entry?
Offers to UNSW are made based on your selection rank – which is your ATAR plus any eligible bonus points . With the introduction of Guaranteed Entry, UNSW provides clarity by publishing the Guaranteed Selection Rank that assures your entry to UNSW in a particular degree. For the 2016 Guaranteed Selection Ranks see the tables contained in this document.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)