UNSW High Acheivers Reception (1 Viewer)

superSAIyan2

HSC
Hey guys,

Anyone going to the unsw maths high achievers event next friday. Does anyone know any information about the event - is it just a guided tour of the campus and a speech. Or do students also receive awards - when i logged onto the site it said its a Medal presentation ceremony.

Also, just out of curiosity is this event brand new - i.e. didthey initiate it this yr?

oh well

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah I got a text from them while I was at work.....but ahh I am not going; I got work :(

superSAIyan2

HSC
i dont know whether i should go... its too far away and i cbb travelling such a long distance. And in my opinion its not worth going if its jus a guided tour cos last yr like40students from my skool (including me) went to some UNSW program and got tours of the campus

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm going for topping year 11 maths.

Guess I'll see you there. I am also going on the tour I think.

RealiseNothing

HSC
Also, they are giving out medals to the people who topped the state for their grade in a subject in the ICAS competition.

superSAIyan2

HSC
so does everyone get a medal - even students who get High Distinction... if so,ill probs ask them if they can send it to my school

RealiseNothing

HSC
so does everyone get a medal - even students who get High Distinction... if so,ill probs ask them if they can send it to my school
Only the people who got the highest score in the state (which is usually like 3 people max per subject for year 11).

nifkeh

HSC
no, to get a medal you need to get 100% correct, practically the whole thing right? I got HDs in computing but didn't get anything

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
i dont know whether i should go... its too far away and i cbb travelling such a long distance. And in my opinion its not worth going if its jus a guided tour cos last yr like40students from my skool (including me) went to some UNSW program and got tours of the campus
Goooooo. This sounds like fun.

RealiseNothing

HSC
no, to get a medal you need to get 100% correct, practically the whole thing right? I got HDs in computing but didn't get anything
No you don't.

I got a medal this year for maths and was no where near 100%.

It just depends on what the highest score in the state is, if the highest score is 30%, then 30% is a medal (for the record, I didn't get 30% lol).

Last edited:

HiddenPower

HSC
N/A
My daughter, year 3, is going to receive ICAS medals for both English and Mathematics at the ICAS 2012 Medal Presentation Ceremony which is held on 23rd, November 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)