UNSW internal transfer clarification (1 Viewer)

packwolf

HSC
I am currently enrolled commerce (liberal studies) at UNSW and my 2011 ATAR was 96ish. I want to transfer into commerce/economics and understand that typically for an internal transfer into this it requires a 75 WAM (source: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_ASB.html). But since I am already enrolled in commerce and not transferring INTO commerce but changing my non-commerce component will this still be the requirement?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you made the cut-off for this year, whatever it is, without EAS points then you could do a mid-sem transfer through UAC.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
you'll have to meet the requirement. only time that you don't need to is when you're going from a double degree into a single degree :/

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
if you got the atar for comm/eco last year, ur first year uni wam wont count

source: i did the same thing. my wam never made 75

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
if you got the atar for comm/eco last year, ur first year uni wam wont count

source: i did the same thing. my wam never made 75
oh serious? how unfortunate for my friend then. wanted to do the exact same thing but ASB told her something different

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yep

i transferred from comm to comm/eco in 2nd year

atar was 98.35 which meant i could've done comm/eco anyway. My first year wam was something dreadful like 64, so that was never going to work. (went from a wam of 70 to 64 in 2nd sem once i realised the wam would not impact on me transferring)

packwolf

HSC
Thanks for all the replies.

I got an email from the student center today that says:

[FONT=&amp]The WAM requirement does not apply since you’re already in the BCom program.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Could you come and speak with a student adviser at the Business Student Centre for assistance?

[/FONT]

So it seems you're all correct in saying my WAM will not be an issue, but it seems they suggest an internal transfer would be possible also (saving me the $60 UAC admin fee?)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Internal transfers are less messy, I envision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)