UNSW interview offer rural students (1 Viewer)

Izzie Rubarb

HSC
hey yeah i got an interview and i had a predicted ATAR of 93?? dunno what the go is there but im super excited anyway :sun: does anyone know how many of the people that applied for rural got offered an interview?

Ext 2 Maths
Ext 1 Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Adv. English
SOR

Preity

HSC
WOW! Like Macca, I reckon you did a GREAT job on your umat in relation to your predicted ATAR. You should look forward to your results :D

umm I read somewhere (maybe on these forums..?) that one year about 300 applicants applied through the rural scheme and 100 of them were chosen for the interview...but don't quote me on that..im not sure about those figures...

anyways, g'luck!

Izzie Rubarb

HSC
mmm, yes maybe UMAT won't be so scary to get back after all lol. i just wasnt sure how they were selecting people? or if it was based on that application essay too?

dress anyone?? dont really know...

congradulations everyone who got the interview...now i bet the nerves are running wild lol, im so nervous :bomb:

lizajane91

HSC
what you write on the application form has no real significance for selection for interview, it does give the interviewers an idea of what sort of person you are prior to interview and if you dont talk about something they can ask you about it...

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yar, they dont actually look at the form until you get selected for an interview. then they have a copy with them during the interview so they know what is relevant and irrelevant to you.

singh.with.me

HSC
how did everyone go in terms of the umat??
especially those who got 'low' atar predictions??

hope that interviews for those who have had them went well =]

ashllis92

HSC
WOW! Like Macca, I reckon you did a GREAT job on your umat in relation to your predicted ATAR. You should look forward to your results :D

umm I read somewhere (maybe on these forums..?) that one year about 300 applicants applied through the rural scheme and 100 of them were chosen for the interview...but don't quote me on that..im not sure about those figures...

anyways, g'luck!
OK, this is copied word for word from the 2008 Rural Clinical School annual report:

"Students are selected into Medicine on the basis of their academic score (UAI or UAI and university results), UMAT score, interview and rural score. The rural score is formulated using the rural rating (RRMA) of the family home address and school address from the age of five and responses from the rural focused questions of the interview.

"THE INTERVIEW

"Applicants are selected for interview on the above criteria. The interview is semi-structured and covers a wide range of relevant issues. There are two interviewers, drawn from UNSW staff, medical practitioners and community representatives. The interviewerslive or have lived in a rural area and have all taken part in training sessions with the Faculty on the interview process.

Justine brindle from the Rural Clinical School Sydney campus organised the interviews for the Rural Student Entry Scheme Program:
"We held the first round of interviews in Septemer 2007 and the second round in January 2008. Entry via the scheme is very competitive. The Rural Clinical School Sydney Campus received 390 RSES applications for 2008 entry. A total of 167 interviews were held in September of 2007 (116) and January of 2008 (51). 73 offers were made with 51 students accepting a place.
The mean UAI of applicants who accepted an offer in Medicine through the Rural Student Entry Scheme in 2008 was 96.25. In 2008, of the 51 students who accepted a place in Medicine through the Rural Student Entry Scheme, 43 students were from NSW, 3 from Queensland and 5 from Victoria. 53% of the 2008 cohort is female."

imo, EXTREMELY comforting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)