UNSW Open Day (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
i was at the lib studying, went down to the runway.. seemed shit. stole some yoyos that didn't have strings in them, so threw them at the ground infront of international building. then i proceeded to study

kokodamonkey

HSC
guys they are just bs'ing us coz they dont want us to go there and take up their precious seat on the bus.

Conspirocy

HSC
Curry said:
Hey guys don't come here it's terrible. They charge you $5 to use the toilets.
they charge u to use the toilets since when there is like a gazillion toilets in the uni sif they charge - what a lie

even if they did id take my chances lol i mean how big could the fine be

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, pretty lame way to trick first-year uni students.

Oh also Parking at UNSW isn't too expensive either. You will need to purchase a parking permit (for one year) and parking tickets (per day - about $3 I believe).

Otherwise, just stick to 891 buses. My advice, remember to grab a 891 bus timetable off the UNSW Transport stand.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lmao, pretty lame way to trick first-year uni students.

Oh also Parking at UNSW isn't too expensive either. You will need to purchase a parking permit (for one year) and parking tickets (per day - about $3 I believe).

Otherwise, just stick to 891 buses. My advice, remember to grab a 891 bus timetable off the UNSW Transport stand.
if u purchase a parking permit are you preety much guranteed a parking spot?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
I would say so yes. Though the parking permit you purchase will have regulations only allowing you to park in certain Carparks within UNSW (i.e. the one near Mathews building/Faculty of Med), until past say 2-3pm, in which you can choose to park anywhere else within UNSW carpark spaces.

HSC
get a job at the uni like i did and park wherever you want 24/7 :D

oh and for the potential unsw students:
please be hotter than this years first year commerce students

Last edited:

Chris.

HSC
Casmira said:

no hot students in commerce, you wont be in any of their classes lol

kokodamonkey

HSC
Casmira said:

what kind of uni jobs are there? Your (according to your sig) doing the same com majors that i want to, hows your degree going/whats it like?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
2nd year business law is so fucking dry.

Business Entities makes business transactions actually seem entertaining. (hint: business trans is really bullshit)

kokodamonkey

HSC
well i currently do business studies, economics and legal studies.. so im presuming most of the first year is all gonna sound familiar to me anyway?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
well i currently do business studies, economics and legal studies.. so im presuming most of the first year is all gonna sound familiar to me anyway?
No...accounting and quantitative methods will be different. Microeconomics isn't stuff you covered in year 12 or 11 eco...a bit will be, but not much. My major is finance and its completely new material

Economics will help with macroeconomic-2nd semester, first year.

Don't presume first year will be easy, that will be your biggest mistake:rofl: .

I did economics and business studies, but not legal studies. Business studies will not help.

HSC
i do IT support at uni, its a very "contingent" job because they're gonna outsource it anyway and casuals are first in the firing line. great pay though ($32 an hour). mind you they've been telling me the same thing for over a year and ive been there since june 2006

i have no idea what hsc courses relate to at uni, i did all science/computing.

commerce is "fun" in a sense that, if you're with your mates and do same subjects you can probably study easier than if you just go on your own. in saying that, i generally rock up to my fins3616 lecture then swiftly leave to play soccer (<3), the lecturer is fairly crap so i'm wasting my time. i dont even go too my fins2624 lecture, that first lecture i had 10 hours sleep, wired up on coke and still managed to fall asleep. go figure.

1st year uni is an absoloute whore, generally from experience your hsc study techniques won't work here. however some people still manage to pull off high marks, kudos to them.

business law is pretty boring as batshit yeh, but what can you do? just go for it. dont be a tool and do marketing because employers will see you actually bothered too do the subjects that matter

finance is great if you are involved (ie. you stay at the end of the news to analyse the market, read the business part of news paper etC) otherwise its just some random lecturer ranting. this isnt like science where you are learning techniques, or something. finance is all about upto date activities, analysing why etc. its far more interactive, and requires more attention.

thats if you wanna aim too kill it, i didnt bother with fins1613/1612 last year and i just got passes. i never went lectures, never did hw etc.

Chris.

HSC
heeyyy im majoring in marketing! but not because im bludging, i would like a career in marketing if i can get a good job in it.

bento

HSC
Casmira said:
Haha! Do you want hotter males or females? You didn't really make that clear...

I wish our school actually told us about these open days...I knew about them earlier but forgot with all the distractions at school...its really annoying cos we had our trials on during ALL of the open days so I couldn't go to any...our school has no sense of organisation or logic...

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
You're getting your hopes up if you think you are going to score a hot asian guy.

Kidding.

There's hot people everywhere. It's uni, there's like a million people. The people you're in classes with won't all be international studies students either.

HSC
bento said:
Haha! Do you want hotter males or females? You didn't really make that clear...

I wish our school actually told us about these open days...I knew about them earlier but forgot with all the distractions at school...its really annoying cos we had our trials on during ALL of the open days so I couldn't go to any...our school has no sense of organisation or logic...
oh shit i should be more specific. females kta
however pace_t would probably love some hot male italian lovin'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)