UNSW open day (1 Viewer)

rayz93

HSC
It was pretty good! Got heaps of info about my degree, things i never even knew about.. so i'm glad about that. There were HEAPS of people today.... insane, lol. especially if you had that kind of bird's eye view from the top... yikes! How was your day?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
More confused, by receiving more biased opinions on courses, particularly the comp sci versus I.T factor. And whether it's good or not to go to a prestigious uni just for the sake of it. Pisses me off, cause all that really does is bring back to square one again.

So far for the open days I have been to I would say this from my experience:

UTS > UNSW > USYD

HSC
Uni Grad
it was such an awesome day, I saw like 200 friends I knew already there... :L

me and other BOSers didn't really go to lectures, instead just chilled around and met each other out :p

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
it was such an awesome day, I saw like 200 friends I knew already there... :L

me and other BOSers didn't really go to lectures, instead just chilled around and met each other out :p
I bet you did, with all the 4 025 808 Asians that were there.

HSC
Uni Grad
I bet you did, with all the 4 025 808 Asians that were there.
ORITE COOL STORY BRO

but yeah, I actually met some BOSers for the first time in my life, seemed rather great coz me and this other dude kinda seemed high according to other BOSers :L

muzeikchun852

HSC
overall quite good (if you don't count the amount of freebies I got). excellent info.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I fell asleep so I missed it. I woke up at 1:30 pm.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
There was fairy floss...? :(
How did you miss the fairy floss? It was at the top of the stairs and had a HUGE line throughout the entire day

Anyway, day was good, iCinema was so cool XD playing portal 2 on that warped screen was awesome. Flight simulator was cool, the demonstrations were pretty good especially the superconducting mini train track. Mechanical and materials engineering lecture was pretty boring though, the guy said "in actual fact" like 12376517523x times.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you miss the fairy floss? It was at the top of the stairs and had a HUGE line throughout the entire day

Anyway, day was good, iCinema was so cool XD playing portal 2 on that warped screen was awesome. Flight simulator was cool, the demonstrations were pretty good especially the superconducting mini train track. Mechanical and materials engineering lecture was pretty boring though, the guy said "in actual fact" like 12376517523x times.
Did you go to the computing lecture? :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
ORITE COOL STORY BRO

but yeah, I actually met some BOSers for the first time in my life, seemed rather great coz me and this other dude kinda seemed high according to other BOSers :L
I wonder who this drugged up, uber high dude was? And were you not also uber high as well? I wonder who consumed half the food at the aboriginal table? LOOOOL

HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder who this drugged up, uber high dude was? And were you not also uber high as well? I wonder who consumed half the food at the aboriginal table? LOOOOL
LOOOOL I wonder who did that?? slyhunter? or your best friend? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)