UNSW open day (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Whats happening at open day?

Where abouts can I learn about sciency stuff?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Most likely the science faculty.

Just a hunch :p

There is a variety of lectures throughout the day, mostly in the central lecture block. Check the advertisement / timetable for the specifics :)

Last edited:

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
MedNez said:
Most likely the science faculty.

Just a hunch :p

There is a variety of lectures throughout the day, mostly in the central lecture block. Check the advertisement / timetable for the specifics :)
wheres that timetable?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Come down to the Old main building to see the other side of mining (other than the lectures) for anyone interested.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
If you see a girl wearing a shirt and/or jumper with O-WEEK on it, and a name badge reading "Nancy"...

yeah you get the picture

gman03

HSC
babydoll_ said:
If you see a girl wearing a shirt and/or jumper with O-WEEK on it, and a name badge reading "Nancy"...

yeah you get the picture
if there is a guy walk up to this O-WEEK shirt person (despite open day shirt is in pinkish colour), read her name tag and ask her "are you Nancy" and begin to scan her top to bottm 20X... hehe ... fortunately that guy will not be there tomorrow due to dental appointment!

HSC
Im coming! (stupid me just made a thread on hsc discussion subforum :()

ill be pestering whoever is at economics/commerce

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was going to turn up but I have an essay to write. :(

Go see the media comm people and make them feel loved.

cimbom

HSC
... i wish i hadn't gone to the open day. I wasn't really interested in UNSW anyway, but just wanted to see what was so great about their commerce/economic faculty that makes their UAI higher than USYD's and everybody elses. There were free iceblocks refigerated by solar power though, thanks to some engineering students :) . The people in the roundhouse were really helpful.

volition

arr.
HSC
Were they free? Damn, I didn't know. Ah well, I did go to that 'chocolate fountain' thing.

gman03

HSC
cimbom said:
... i wish i hadn't gone to the open day. I wasn't really interested in UNSW anyway, but just wanted to see what was so great about their commerce/economic faculty that makes their UAI higher than USYD's and everybody elses. There were free iceblocks refigerated by solar power though, thanks to some engineering students :) . The people in the roundhouse were really helpful.
Oh? Did anyone told you that UAI does not indicate greatness of anything? i mean did you ask and get a satisfied answer? That's part of Open Day's "duties"

Macq Uni OPen's day is coming up, and it's finance faculty is great. Have a look.

cimbom

HSC
gman03 said:
Oh? Did anyone told you that UAI does not indicate greatness of anything? i mean did you ask and get a satisfied answer? That's part of Open Day's "duties"

Macq Uni OPen's day is coming up, and it's finance faculty is great. Have a look.
... if their UAI's higher it means that more people want to go there, demand/supply. That's where I got the 'greatness' thing from... commerce at UNSW is 95 and at USYD it's around 93. Why do you have to be so rude? And I guess I am glad that I went to UNSW yesterday, because I know now that I want to go to Sydney... because political studies and international relations majors at UNSW are part of the arts and social science faculty, rather than economics and business as I thought (like at USYD).

Macquarie's Open Day coincides with some legal studies lectures that I have to go to... but I've heard heaps of great things about Macq's business/eco faculty as well. My eco teacher studied finance at Macquarie, you need maths ext1 as assumed knowledge- i'm more interested in social/political implications of economics rather than the mathematical/quantitative. I hope Macquarie Uni's open day is of benefit to you :) .

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
cimbom said:
My eco teacher studied finance at Macquarie, you need maths ext1 as assumed knowledge-
It's not assumed , its recomended. (Unless they changed it from last years)
I think 2U (not general), is required.
MQ's Finance is not heavily quantitative but. Quite good as it includes econometric subjects as well as just pure finance lsubs ike you'd get with just a finance major.

gman03

HSC
what the? I wasn't being rude. I was trying to not let UAI-cutoff influence your decision. You did a great thing by making a decision by the content of the degree, which is what I try to get to you.

There exist some people who think higher UAI = better facilities. I don't want you to think that way, thats all. Besides if UNSW lower the number of people getting admitted into a particular course, then it is likely a higher UAI-cutoff for UNSW commerce course. Say 10 people wants to study commerce with their uais being [90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99]

If UNI A takes 3 people, than the cut-off would be 97.
If uni B takes 10 people, than the cut-off would be 90.

What I mean is, just because UNI A has higher cutoff, it doesn't necessary mean it is better in teaching, facility, services than UNI B.. Thats all. I apologise if you find my previous post offensive.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Bah, after driving past the open day and being a country kid, I really can't stand the University of New Nipon. I mean, not that I'm racist, I just need my own colour...it's selfish, I know...but I need to feel that sense of community.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)