UNSW open day (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
You fool! It's not University of New Nipon, it's University of New South ASIA ;)
And if you wanna be with your aussie blokes, just do engineering of some kind.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Gavrillo said:
Bah, after driving past the open day and being a country kid, I really can't stand the University of New Nipon. I mean, not that I'm racist, I just need my own colour...it's selfish, I know...but I need to feel that sense of community.
Go to USYD, I hear that place is full of racist jerks like you.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
babydoll_ said:
I don't think he'll find it much better there, since USYD has almost the same asian (albeit mostly asian-australians) population there too.

Sorry Gavrillo, but all universities in Sydney are multicultural whether you like it or not

zkuld

newblet
HSC
The University of Sydney definitely has less asians than UNSW from what I've seen. I think that people like Gavrillo would certainly find a better environment at USyd.

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
I'm so disappointed by comments like these, both the Asian and the UAI thing. People are still so ignorant, even when they're in Yr 12. :(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
babydoll_ said:
Although if he wants his stupid all white "sense of community" perhaps he should stick to the hole he lives in now.

Last edited:

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
being a country kid
I guess today I learnt a new generalisation ;)

to be honest though, seems like engineering or some other uni is more right for you. Maybe arts? Commerce (and law/medicine?) is probably not the right choice for you

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Haha, how many of the BOS'ers got owned by the mining trucks. That's right babydoll, chase those trucks..."Oh no, they are too fast!!" :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I should've just put it in my bag and walked off :(

Well that's what I was planning to do except they were too fast >_<

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
OGM Curry/Zac , I met you !

I was with babydoll_ at the time, haha.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
chris_c28 said:
I'm so disappointed by comments like these, both the Asian and the UAI thing. People are still so ignorant, even when they're in Yr 12. :(
lol a large portion of the people on this forum are asian

cimbom

HSC
gman03 said:
what the? I wasn't being rude. I was trying to not let UAI-cutoff influence your decision. You did a great thing by making a decision by the content of the degree, which is what I try to get to you.

There exist some people who think higher UAI = better facilities. I don't want you to think that way, thats all. Besides if UNSW lower the number of people getting admitted into a particular course, then it is likely a higher UAI-cutoff for UNSW commerce course. Say 10 people wants to study commerce with their uais being [90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99]

If UNI A takes 3 people, than the cut-off would be 97.
If uni B takes 10 people, than the cut-off would be 90.

What I mean is, just because UNI A has higher cutoff, it doesn't necessary mean it is better in teaching, facility, services than UNI B.. Thats all. I apologise if you find my previous post offensive.
I never thought higher UAI meant better course, facilities, students etc. It just kind of clicked that more people would want to be doing that course for some sort of reason, and I wanted to find that out. Now I understand. Thankyou. It's okay... it just seemed like you were being kind of rude with the "Oh? Did you think to ask..." etc. Thankyou for your help, no need to apologise for anything at all :) .

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
hehe, I love those trucks...:)

Anyway, Mednez, which one were you? I met so many people on that day that I keep getting confused.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Yes, I went. Woke up at 6 and arrived at 9. It was a good experience! But UNSW DOESN'T OFFER MEDICAL PHYSICS ANYMORE!!! ARGHHHHH!!!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO IT SINCE YR9!!! ARGHHH!!!

Materials Science and Engineering sounds interesting though. I felt excited when I saw the Meissner Effect. I saw it! I saw it! In real life! This course is unpopular. I want it! I want it! Unpopular things are said to be best.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Pokute-san said:
Yes, I went. Woke up at 6 and arrived at 9. It was a good experience! But UNSW DOESN'T OFFER MEDICAL PHYSICS ANYMORE!!! ARGHHHHH!!!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO IT SINCE YR9!!! ARGHHH!!!

Materials Science and Engineering sounds interesting though. I felt excited when I saw the Meissner Effect. I saw it! I saw it! In real life! This course is unpopular. I want it! I want it! Unpopular things are said to be best.
I got a friend who's doing it. If you want to know anything, I'll pass on the questions and try and get answers.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think I'll do the related but far superior nanotechnology, or renewable energy (specifically photovoltaics) engineering. Probably engineering 'cause it's more fun and has got more scholarships.

Have you looked at nanotechnology? You really should if you're interested in MSE.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)